DIATOMACEOUS EARTH - good for killing fleas - safe for pets

Old September 27th 12, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default DIATOMACEOUS EARTH - good for killing fleas - safe for pets

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:34:07 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Kelly Greene wrote:
"See you in the funny papers." wrote in message
NO

Just trying to help out a cat that is miserable with fleas.

Too bad some "humans" are so crabby. You don't have to stir up a dust
storm with it.

No wonder no one posts here.
TaTa

Some people CARE about the health of others. DE is not a safe
product to use without some way to protect yourself and the cat from
inhaling it.

Yes. I am afraid to use most flea poisons on the market for this reason.
Cats can reach almost everyplace on their bodies and will poison themselves
easily if you use asnything that it detrimental to their health. I prefer to
bite the bullet and just give them a bath, and make sure I rinse anything
bad off of them and dry them well afterward. - My cats seem happier when I
do this too. (after the fact, of course!)

Yes but how long does it take for the scratches to heal?
Old October 7th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default DIATOMACEOUS EARTH - good for killing fleas + IS safe forpets!!!!

Kelly Greene wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

"Slo' Poke" wrote in message
FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:

http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-s...iatomaceous-ea
rth.htm

This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone selling the
product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.

Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a scientific site if it bit
them in the ass.

DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
It's also edible if you get human grade versions.

Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to work on bed bugs
too.

Old November 30th 12, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_6_]

"Slo' Poke" wrote in message
FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:

http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-s...iatomaceous-ea
rth.htm

This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone selling the
product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.

Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a scientific site if it bit
them in the ass.

DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
It's also edible if you get human grade versions.

Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to work on bed bugs
too.

It's a difficult product to use without inhaling the fine powder. And yes,
I know it works to kill many insect pests, but a respirator should be used
so none is inhaled.

Old November 30th 12, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_6_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:
[...]

We had a horrible flea infestation here before we got the cats (we have 4
cats now). We had three dogs at the time and nothing worked including flea
baths and all the products sold to us by our veterinarian at the time. We
used powders, sprays, flea collars and some kind of stuff that went on their
skin at the shoulders and hips. We got an exterminator. This was before
Revolution, a form of Ivermectin, hit the marketplace. What did work and was
*100% non toxic* was HGR. It's an insect hormone growth regulator that
keeps the flea nymphs from turning into fleas. They hatch, starve and die as
nymphs. You mix it with water and spray the house and yard where the
animals hang out. Our dogs had a large fenced in area. We bathed them with
Paramite, then sprayed the entire house and yard. In a few weeks the flea
infestation that cost us well over $200 for useless and probably toxic
products was over. I bought it on a local store but that store is no longer
in business. It can probably be found online.

DE is not safe to breathe no matter what those who sell it say. Silica
damages the lungs. You don't want it in your or the cat's lungs.

Old March 28th 13, 07:24 AM
jamesclarke160 jamesclarke160 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshenk View Post

"Slo' Poke" wrote in message
FOR THE UNINFORMED AND MISINFORMED:

http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-s...iatomaceous-ea
rth.htm

This is not a scientific website, but the site of someone selling the
product. Silica is silica and is damaging to the lungs.

Kelly, Most folks on usenet wouldnt know a pest control brisbane scientific site if it bit
them in the ass.

DE is a silicon based product that in non-industrial levels of exposure
is an ecologically safe product to use for some types of pest control.
It's also edible if you get human grade versions.

Short of snorting it like a line of cocaine, it makes a fine way to
prevent and treat flea infestations. It happens to pest control gold coast work on bed bugs
too.

--
I have heard lot about Botnax + DIATOMACEOUS EARTH has been effective way to control pests. Is it so?

Last edited by jamesclarke160 : March 29th 13 at 04:53 AM.