Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death

Old September 18th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

Default Roly-poly pets: Overweight animals at risk for diseases, death

sighthounds & siberians wrote:

She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Well duh. That's her job!
Old September 18th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"Tara Green" wrote in message
cyberpurrs wrote:

"sighthounds & siberians" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:21:16 -0400, Tara Green
wrote:

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:51:23 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"sighthounds & siberians" wrote
Please post some of this evidence that kibble causes diabettes, and
that kibble dehydrates cats.
You and anyone else can feed your cats **** if you want to. You can
do
anything to them, right? But they need canned food. Quality meat,
delivered
with moisture as they would get in the wild. Cats naturally get a lot
of
moisture from their food. Dry food ****s this up. When I stopped
feeding dry
my cat stopped hurling, too. They gobble the dry food because they're
hungry, and eat too much because they are not satisfied, then it
expands in
their stomachs and there you have it, on the rug.

That's not evidence.

I'm well aware of the benefits of canned food, which is why I feed
quality canned cat food, and always have. I guess you were so busy
frothing at the mouth that you missed that. I've had cats, though,
that wouldn't eat canned food, just as I've had cats that threw up no
matter what they ate and cats that never threw up no matter what they
ate. Anecdotes aren't the same as evidence.

Very true.

And what's with the frothing? You'd think
there's be more of that in the DOG groups ;-)

It's cybercat. She's always frothing.

Isn't this precious. It's a lady's circle jerk.

As opposed to your usual solo performance?

Yes, as a matter of fact. "Tara."

Old September 18th 09, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"Tara Green" C wrote in message ...
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

Old September 18th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tara Green

cyberpurrs wrote:

"Tara Green" C wrote in message
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

AH. Troll. Gotcha.
Old September 18th 09, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Tara Green" wrote in message
cyberpurrs wrote:

"Tara Green" C wrote in message
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

AH. Troll. Gotcha.

You bet.

Jesus, where do these idiots come from?

Old September 18th 09, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Tara Green" wrote in message
cyberpurrs wrote:

"Tara Green" C wrote in message
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
She's a very contrary cat, she is.

Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

AH. Troll. Gotcha.

Green feces, alt. support.aa, and what else? Freak/

http://tinyurl.com/nfwubx

Old September 18th 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:46:53 -0400, Tara Green
wrote:

Well duh. That's her job!

Yeah.

AH. Troll. Gotcha.

She's not she is just blunt and straight to the point (I suspect she's
from NY) Her advice is on the right track but you have a right not to
agree
I think if you drink enough water you will drown. Meaning if dry food
and dry food only is fed to cat it's not the best
Occasionally buy a raw chicken wing put it under grill not to cook but
just brown the skin, when cooled give it to cat good for their teeth
(now watch the complaints about this fact?)

Petzl
Old September 18th 09, 10:38 AM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Char

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:34:44 -0400, Char
wrote:

As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
obesity, diabetes, and worse.

There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
such misinformation.

Kibble is nothing but cheap carbs. Even the American Diabetes
Association now recommends a low carb diet for human diabetics.
http://www.diabetes.org/food-nutriti...d-diabetes.jsp
Keep in mind that diabetes in humans is about omnivores while dogs and
cats are carnivores.

Carbohydrates are used for one thing only and that is energy generation.
This allows us to define a "balanced" diet, which is one where the
energy used in movement and exercise equals the energy provided by the
carbohydrates we consume.
http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndi.../diabetes.html

However, cats and dogs have no carbohydrate requirement, they aren't
utilized. They get their energy from protein. When you feed kibble which
is primarily carbs they are eating food they can't really process and it
manifests itself as diabetes and other similar problems.

Cut out the carbs and feed protein and all will be well. Look into
feeding a raw diet which is species appropriate for cats and dogs as well.

Don't look into feeding a cat a raw diet unless you are prepared to do
a lot of research, or else follow a diet that has been researched and
recommended by a nutritionist. Just throwing raw meat at your cat
will not provide him/her with a balanced diet.

More lies from the uninformed. It does not take a lot of research to
feed raw. You balance meat, bones and organ meats. You feed as many
protein sources as possible and you ask advice from one of the countless
raw feeding groups available online now. To get started you can
literally just buy a bag of chicken leg quarters and in the time it
takes to finish it off you can be ready with the next protein source.

The advice to see a vet usually ends up with the pet being put on a diet
of high fiber kibble so the real culprit isn't addressed.

Well, although I respect my vets, I wouldn't consult them for advice
on weight loss or nutrition for my animals. It's not rocket science
to figure out that feeding smaller quantities and increasing exercise
will result in weight loss, just as it does in people. A special diet
is not required.

Well it just so happens that eating less is not the answer for pets or
people. It matters what you eat more than how much within reason.

I've seen
countless cats with kidney problems, diabetes, obesity, etc turn their
health around merely by switching to a raw diet.

I've seen countless cats live long, healthy lives when fed a high
quality kibble. In fact, the youngest I've lost a cat is age 13.

Stop starving your cat!

Stop being an alarmist and posting inaccurate crap!

You are the alarmist here when you pretend that raw feeding is horribly
complicated. I suggest you go back under your rock till you catch up on
pet nutrition.

Char
Old September 18th 09, 10:41 AM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Char

wrote:

As long as you feed her kibble she will be a fat cat. Kibble is
primarily grains that you are feeding to a carnivore. Kibble causes
obesity, diabetes, and worse.

There is absolutely no evidence that kibble causes obesity, or
diabetes, or worse, and it is incredibly irresponsible that Char posts
such misinformation.

On the contrary, there is lots of evidence, in the way of fat cats
freefeeding on "diet" dry cat food. Feeding your cats that carb laden crap
dehydrates them and fills them up with starch they do not need. If you free
feed, they keep eating because they cannot get what really satisfies
them--MEAT--so they fill up on starch instead. Terrible stuff. You feed
"kibble" because you are cheap and lazy. I feed quality canned food every 12
hours because I care about my cats more than I care about my convenience.

Good for you! Yes, dehydration is also a huge factor when feeding
kibble. Dogs and cats naturally eat food that is high in water content
and the invention of kibble changed all that around for the worse.
Old September 18th 09, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Char

wrote:

[...]

Dogs and cats (although cats are worse about this) get addicted to carbs
just like humans do and it can be very difficult to get them over to
something nutritionally better. That doesn't make it nutritionally
correct when it's an addiction.

Breeders - Animals Pets Jacker Cat health & behaviour 0 October 24th 08 09:30 AM
Breeders - Animals Pets Jacker Cat community 0 October 24th 08 09:30 AM
PETS ANIMALS lynas Cat anecdotes 0 August 22nd 08 04:03 AM
Pets Can Get 'Superbug' Diseases From Owners Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 0 March 24th 06 01:11 AM
Pets Poisoned And Battered To Death James Marz Cat health & behaviour 2 May 17th 04 03:27 AM