Afwul 'lost cat' poster

Old October 25th 05, 08:03 PM
223rem

Default Afwul 'lost cat' poster

Seen on a mailbox in Indy:

The cat's photo, and below, a text along these
lines:

"Missing from [date], [address]. Kitty just had declaw
surgery, front paws are sore, cannot walk very well.

Please call blah blah blah"

Poor, unfortunate animal. Of course she ran away
from her torturers. I'm sorry I didnt write down
these ****ers phone number.

Old October 26th 05, 08:57 AM
-L.

223rem wrote:
Seen on a mailbox in Indy:

The cat's photo, and below, a text along these
lines:

"Missing from [date], [address]. Kitty just had declaw
surgery, front paws are sore, cannot walk very well.

Please call blah blah blah"

Poor, unfortunate animal. Of course she ran away
from her torturers. I'm sorry I didnt write down
these ****ers phone number.

oh Jesus. I hope you find the cat and can give it a better home.
-L.

Old October 27th 05, 01:11 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-10-26, Duke of URL penned:

Back off from the ranting and raving and cursing - take your
chillpills. You guys are leaping to conclusions without ANY
information. You have no idea why they declawed her. Most of my
cats were declawed, but that was before I was informed what it
/really/ is - I won't ever do it again ... but that's me. There
may be a good reason they had to have it done, there may be the
reason that they (like me) don't understand.

I just don't understand this. Before I ever read a single newsgroup
posting or article about the true nature of declawing, I knew it was
wrong. I just knew, in my gut, that removing a cat's claws left them
unable to defend themselves and wasn't right. I didn't need to be
shown all the gruesome details. I just knew.

I'm sorry, and I'm honestly not trying to attack you, but the position
is so alien to my point of view that I can't comprehend it.

Perhaps it's because I spent years 5-9 in Germany. I've certainly
noted since reading these groups that Europeans are vehemently
anti-declaw, so maybe I absorbed that somehow when I was a little kid,
despite the fact that I never remember it being discussed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old October 27th 05, 03:46 AM
badwilson

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-10-26, Duke of URL penned:

[...]

I agree. You don't need to be educated about the gruesomeness of
declawing to know that it leaves a cat defenseless, which is a bad
thing in case the cat ever got out. And I always figured that
something that's illegal in many countries can't be all that good.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old October 27th 05, 05:57 PM

There's NO good reason to have a cat declawed, you don't HAVE to have
it done, you choose to have it done. Unless the cat say had cancer of
the claws or something similar? Even then I'd think long and hard,
thank god it's illegal here, about the only prohibition law that makes
any sense.

Old October 28th 05, 06:33 PM
Duke of URL

Monique Y. Mudama @
On 2005-10-26, Duke of URL penned:

Back off from the ranting and raving and cursing - take your
chillpills. You guys are leaping to conclusions without ANY
information. You have no idea why they declawed her. Most of my
cats were declawed, but that was before I was informed what it
/really/ is - I won't ever do it again ... but that's me. There
may be a good reason they had to have it done, there may be the
reason that they (like me) don't understand.

I just don't understand this. Before I ever read a single newsgroup
posting or article about the true nature of declawing, I knew it was
wrong. I just knew, in my gut, that removing a cat's claws left them
unable to defend themselves and wasn't right. I didn't need to be
shown all the gruesome details. I just knew.

Why? If your cat lives indoors without being turned loose outdoors, then
what do they need defense from? Fierce dustbunnies?

I'm sorry, and I'm honestly not trying to attack you, but the position
is so alien to my point of view that I can't comprehend it.
Perhaps it's because I spent years 5-9 in Germany. I've certainly
noted since reading these groups that Europeans are vehemently
anti-declaw, so maybe I absorbed that somehow when I was a little kid,
despite the fact that I never remember it being discussed.

--
Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,
Paleoconservative, Surface Warrior Squid; 660 people per year injured