OT - Food You Can't Resist

Old September 21st 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Food You Can't Resist

On 9/21/2011 3:08 PM, Lesley wrote:
On Sep 21, 10:15 am, wrote:

I haven't baked one by itself, but everything I bake, I put at least one
onion in with it.

Onions are also incredible roasted

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm definitely going to try Jane's recipe for roasted onion, it sounds
delicious.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 22nd 11, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Lesley Madigan typed:
On Sep 21, 11:12 am, Jane wrote:
Have you ever baked onions? Peel a whole onion. Put in a small
baking dish with some beef stock (bouillon), and a small pat of
butter. Bake until it's soft all through. (One hour for the big
spanish onions). Stick a fork in it and eat. Delicious!!

I haven't but I think I am about to!

Would recommend you *don't* peel them, actually (providing that the skin on
them is clean). Otehrwise the outer layer or two dries and shrivells up,
leaving less 'good' onion to eat. however, if you leave the skins on, the
skins are already dried and shrivelled up, so protect the 'good' layers
inside.

Roast with whole garlic (as in all the bulbs stuck together) in a very slow
oven. You can squeeze the garlic mush onto bread or into potatoes (yum), and
the onions are extra heavenly.

I always do baked onions when I'm doing a roast leg of lamb. Reminds me, I
haven't had a roast leg of lamb for ages. They take *all day* to cook, and I
guess if I want to do one, I better get a move on because having the oven on
all day in summer is just insane.

Happy Equinox to everyone, BTW!

Yowie

Old September 22nd 11, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

Roast with whole garlic (as in all the bulbs stuck together) in a very slow
oven. You can squeeze the garlic mush onto bread or into potatoes (yum), and
the onions are extra heavenly.

I *love* roast garlic. It's great on bread with some brie cheese.

I always do baked onions when I'm doing a roast leg of lamb. Reminds me, I
haven't had a roast leg of lamb for ages. They take *all day* to cook, and I
guess if I want to do one, I better get a move on because having the oven on
all day in summer is just insane.

Summer? Wait, *we're* having summer. (Well, the tail end of it, anyway,
which in my part of California is the hottest part of the summer.) How can
it also be summer in Australia??

Happy Equinox to everyone, BTW!

Hey, there's something both hemispheres have in common!

Joyce

--
There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one
to come off as a sane person. -- Dan Greenberg
Old September 22nd 11, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Sep 21, 10:54*pm, wrote:
Yowie wrote:

* Roast with whole garlic

I adore roasted garlic even if I'm not using it on a roast I'll pop
some cloves into the oven- mashed up they are a great way to brighten
a boring sandwich to take to work- although this week I may have
exceeded a garlic limit- I roasted some with the lamb then mashed them
to add to a garlic sausage sandwich with deli roasted garlic mayo
instead of butter/spread- delicious but I had to clean my teeth
afterwards! (It won't have helped that I got a snack of mini
bruschetta baked with....you guessed it!)

Old September 22nd 11, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Sep 21, 10:54*pm, wrote:

I *love* roast garlic. It's great on bread with some brie cheese.

Haven't tried that ....yet...still have some mashed roasted garlic from the weekend..The local supermarket does do a nice Brie.....It's a good thing I don't share an office!