Iceland volcano

Old April 15th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Iceland volcano

Anyone getting ash or other effects from the volano? Jack, Marina,
Christine? I read that many flights in that region are grounded due
to the ash.

Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old April 15th 10, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote in message
Anyone getting ash or other effects from the volano? Jack, Marina,
Christine? I read that many flights in that region are grounded due
to the ash.

All UK flights grounded today and so cloudy it was only 5C today at 11.30.
Tweed

Old April 15th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Iceland volcano -OT-

There was a reader's digest story many years ago about a 747 that flew
through volcanic ash and all four engines stopped. It had to glide
(over a mountain range) to reach a place to land. Also, the ash abraded
the windshield so it was almost impossible to see through it. The pilot
did manage to restart two of the engines. This was a true story.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 15th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
There was a reader's digest story many years ago about a 747 that flew
through volcanic ash and all four engines stopped. It had to glide
(over a mountain range) to reach a place to land. Also, the ash abraded
the windshield so it was almost impossible to see through it. The pilot
did manage to restart two of the engines. This was a true story.
---
Yes and I think it was that (now retired) pilot who was on UK TV today
saying how he would not wish to try that again.

Old April 15th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 15 Apr, 21:34, wrote:
Anyone getting ash or other effects from the volano? Jack, Marina,
Christine? I read that many flights in that region are grounded due
to the ash.

Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.

No sign of ash here in Lancashire, it's too high to make a difference
at ground level, luckily. It was overhead most of the day according to
the satellite pics, but was too high to see anything. We had a lovely
sunny day, cooled down a bit by an easterly wind. It got cloudy around
five o'clock, but that was just normal low cloud.

If we get rain, some ash might wash out, but hopefully the eruption
will calm down before we get a weather system that brings the ash to
us at a low level. It's nasty enough stuff though, and I hope that
most of it settles at sea.

Jeanette
Old April 15th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 15 Apr, 21:34, wrote:
Anyone getting ash or other effects from the volano? Jack, Marina,
Christine? I read that many flights in that region are grounded due
to the ash.

Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.

Reports are now coming in of small ash falls in Scotland, the public
are being told not to worry, but that people with respiratory problems
should make sure that they have their medication to hand. I wouldn't
want to breathe too much of it in, and will be staying indoors
tomorrow, with the doors and windows closed.

Jeanette
Old April 16th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Anyone getting ash or other effects from the volano? Jack, Marina,
Christine? I read that many flights in that region are grounded due
to the ash.

Joyce

Purrs and prayers to all those affected.
I live in the land of Mount St Helens and can relate to horrid volcanic
aftermath..
Love
Kyla

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.