It's not him

Old May 21st 13, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default It's not him

When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

Old May 21st 13, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

Old May 21st 13, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

You know how on TV police detectives make casts of footprints and then
compare them to the suspect's shoes? Have you tried making a plaster cast of
the claws in the fat and then comparing them to Boyfie's? You know, these
suspects don't always tell the truth right away, but when confronted with
evidence...

Jay

Old May 21st 13, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

Because she's in the UK. (Only Americans refrigerate EVERYTHING,
whether it's required or not - hence our gigantic, power-hogging
refrigerators.) Even butter does not require refrigeration unless you
live where it melts at room temperature. Jams and jellies exist quite
happily at room temperature (unless you keep them around so long they
get mouldy), and peanut butter does quite well in any kitchen cupboard.
Old May 21st 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"JJ" wrote in message ...
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

You know how on TV police detectives make casts of footprints and then
compare them to the suspect's shoes? Have you tried making a plaster cast
of the claws in the fat and then comparing them to Boyfie's? You know,
these suspects don't always tell the truth right away, but when confronted
with evidence...

Jay

aw, he admits it immediately. It *was* him that clawed the fat in the mug.
Not mice.

Old May 21st 13, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"JJ" wrote in message
[...]

I KNEW I should have been a detective... I learned so much in my youth
watching "Columbo" and then CSI...

Jay

Old May 21st 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

I do, the next day but I leave it out overnight to cool & set, if that makes
sense. I don't put hot fat in the fridge.

Old May 21st 13, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

I do, the next day but I leave it out overnight to cool & set, if that makes
sense. I don't put hot fat in the fridge.

I understand the reasoning, but it should be covered nontheless.

Jill
Old May 21st 13, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/21/2013 5:08 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

Because she's in the UK. (Only Americans refrigerate EVERYTHING,
whether it's required or not

Don't be silly. They do use refrigerators in the UK, you know. This
isn't the 1900's. There's nothing preventing the mug from being
*covered* before the fat sets and it is put away.

Jill
Old May 21st 13, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
When I fry minced meat I always drain the fat off into a mug. It sets
overnight and somehow when I get there is evidence of claws in the fat
trying to get it out.
Boyfie claims it is absolutely, no way in the world himself. Like he
would
ever do such a thing.
He claims mice have done it while he was asleep. Yeah..

Tweed

As a curious cook I must ask why don't you put it in the refrigerator?

Jill

I do, the next day but I leave it out overnight to cool & set, if that
makes
sense. I don't put hot fat in the fridge.

I understand the reasoning, but it should be covered nontheless.

Jill

Why? A mug of rapidly cooling fat will be safe here overnight, it's not
going to poison you the next day by the time you get it into the fridge, is
it?