Anyone ever accidentally run over a cat with a bike tire?

Old June 8th 04, 09:09 PM
David Yehudah

The way I heard it was an American tourist in England felt the train on
which he was riding lurch from side to side, then smooth out. He asked
the conductor what happened, whereupon he was told the train had run
over a cow. The American said, "You mean the cow was on the tracks?" and
the conductor said, "No, Sir, he was out in the pasture, but we got him
anyway."

CK wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

No, but I have run over a troll. Oh wait, that wasn't an accident.

That made me thing of an old joke (in somewhat poor taste), where we
could change the characters to suit our story better:

An rpca-member was a taxi-driver. One day, s/he got a blind passenger.
During the trip, the passenger noticed the taxi bump three times and
asked the driver what it was. The driver told the passenger not to
worry, they had just happened to run over a troll. But the passenger
inquired why there had been three bumps. And the driver said: "Well,
first we went up onto the sidewalk, then over the troll, and then down
into the street again..."

--
"No, I could sleep, but I must not; death is too near; he must not steal
up on me. These fifteen years I have been making ready for him; I will

When Clinton lied, no one died.

Old June 8th 04, 11:30 PM
Victor Martinez

If anybody here would like to contribute to get this troll fired, a guy
in one of the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups traced his posts back to his
employer. I'll be glad to provide the link.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 8th 04, 11:33 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", David Yehudah
artfully composed this message within
on 08 Jun 2004:

The way I heard it was an American tourist in England felt the
train on which he was riding lurch from side to side, then
smooth out. He asked the conductor what happened, whereupon he
was told the train had run over a cow. The American said, "You
mean the cow was on the tracks?" and the conductor said, "No,
Sir, he was out in the pasture, but we got him anyway."

Maybe the troll variation was created just for usenet? lol Works for
me!

--
Cheryl

Old June 8th 04, 11:55 PM
Yowie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
If anybody here would like to contribute to get this troll fired, a guy
in one of the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups traced his posts back to his
employer. I'll be glad to provide the link.

Naw,

As much as trolls are trolls, its not the worst troll. In fact, if you read
it with sympathy, it might be just a badly written but otherwise "real"
post. The poster did not glorify the death of the cat, and it seems that the
death was an accident rather than intentional. The fact that the cat will be
"bittersweetly missed" tells me that perhaps we should give the poster the
benefit of the doubt.

Therfore I can't be *sure* that it was an intentional troll, or just someone
who doesn't quite understand our culture here (its happened before). If it
was a genuine (but misguided) post, I can't see why we'd try to get him or
her fired just because he or she used their work account to post to Usenet.
I post to this group from my place of employment (well did, before I went on
maternity leave) and I'd hate to have someone try to get me fired just
because they took an objection to one of my posts.

Troll behaviour would have to be alot worse before I even thought of
reporting it to their ISP. It would have to be extreme and very frequent for
me to try and get that person fired (even obnoxious people need their jobs.
If they don't have jobs, they tend to be worse). Mostly I'd ignore it or
post a recipe. And in this case, I'm not 100% sure whether it was trollery
or just a misunderstanding about what we in this group like to read about.

Yowie