Stupid, Stupid, Stupid People! (long)

Old June 13th 04, 10:08 PM
jmcquown

Duke of URL wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

It's a RANT. Pardon me if I've told this before, but I got [snip]
unless I get another stupid correspondence from them, I won't act on

And there is some good reason to keep on trusting your beloved pets
to this place which has demonstrated both stupidity and ignorance?

Oh, I don't take my pets there. I haven't been there since that day in
November, 1999. That's why I don't understand why, after all this time, I
suddenly got this letter from them.

Jill

Old June 13th 04, 11:00 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:08:28 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Duke of URL wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

It's a RANT. Pardon me if I've told this before, but I got [snip]
unless I get another stupid correspondence from them, I won't act on

And there is some good reason to keep on trusting your beloved pets
to this place which has demonstrated both stupidity and ignorance?

Oh, I don't take my pets there. I haven't been there since that day in
November, 1999. That's why I don't understand why, after all this time, I
suddenly got this letter from them.

Jill

Probably an outdated mailing list and nobody bothered to check it out.
There are "detail people" and those who are not. Years ago my boss
brought me a mailing list a friend had passed on to him and asked me
how long it would take to prepare envelopes for a mailing. I said "a
week". He was aghast and said why? for that many envelopes. I asked
him if he had really looked at the list? Names of prominent people
long deceased. Downtown businesses no longer there. I explained that
since the list was 10 years oild, every address would have to be
checked out. It was a tedious job. Any newcomer would not have known
this.

Old June 13th 04, 11:24 PM
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.......Stuff like this just chaps my ass. But unless I get
another stupid correspondence from them, I won't act on it. If, however,
for some reason going forward they think I still need reminding about

caring
for my dog they'll be hearing from me.

Jill

Jill,
It's hard enough to lose a loved one the first time, but to continue to be
reminded of it in such a way nearly five years later would make me upset,
too.
I hope it doesn't happen again.
Annie

Old June 13th 04, 11:51 PM
JoJo

Hate to tell you, but it's plain and simple poor record keeping on your
vet's part. After five years, records should have been purged from the
system, or at very least a code that showed pet was deceased. I would
suggest calling them and politely asking them to purge you from their
system, before you become impolite!

And the human - had happen to me. A few months after my mom died, got a
bill from hospital $180 to pronounce her dead - I hit the roof. Can I get a
job to do that, sounds like it pays good money, how hard is it to take a
listen to see if heart is still beating? Anyway, said insurance company
wouldn't pay - turns out hospital coded it wrong, insurance company didn't
know what it was for.

The next is kind of ironic. My mother remarried when I was under a year -
her married name became "Joan Crawford" - yes like the movie star (no I did
not get beat for using wire hangers!). Turns out there was ANOTHER Joan
Crawford, also in Pittsburgh w/the same health insurance my mother had had.
We got a bill for a mastectomy and something else - pretty good considering
my mother had been cremated so there was nothing left to remove. This woman
also went to the same doctor as my mother. The doctor's office fixed that
in a jiffy. But it's always the insurance companies that royally ticked me
off for one reason or another. If it were up to them they'd let us all die
painful deaths from something that could be so simply cured. (sorry, my own
rant now)

The downside, my mother never did get any "royalty" checks from the "real"
late Joan Crawford!

(Please forgive me if I offended anyone - I have a very sarcastic sense of
humor, which can be taken the wrong way!).

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It's a RANT. Pardon me if I've told this before, but I got something in

the
mail yesterday which I didn't look at until today and it's set me off

again.
(sigh)

For the most part vets and their tech's are really nice people (like our
recently 'outed' tech, Mischief here!). But I swear, the animal hospital
where I used to take my dog Sampson, can they be any more obtuse?

Sampson went to the RB in November, 1999. He was nearly 18 years old.

They
had been treating him for years with daily medication for congestive heart
failure. He was on special low sodium prescription canned food the last 5
years of his life. They were small 'half cans' of food at about $25/case
for (IIRC) 10 cans. There was another pill he had to take daily as well,

can't recall now what it was for. He was also being treated for "doggie
dementia" with a medication called Anipryl which cost about $80 a month.

couldn't afford any of this but somehow I did it anyway. On November 3,
1999, I took him for his final visit.

Two weeks later I got something in the mail from the company that mfg's
Anipryl. It was a certificate for a Free First Trial of this drug for
"senior" dogs who exhibit symptoms of doggie altzheimers. I was about to
write it off as coincidence until I noticed they had my vet's return

address
stamped inside the correspondence, suggesting I redeem it there. I was
FURIOUS! They'd given my name and address to this drug company!

I like to think I'm a fairly competent writer. I can be clear, concise

and
to the point. I can also most definitely let the reader know, in scathing
terms, just how angry I am. I wrote to the drug company rep and did just
that. I informed her my dog had died two weeks earlier. I let her know

in
no uncertain terms, no one offered a "freebie" of this expensive drug the
entire two years he was on it even though I couldn't afford it. I

demanded
to be taken off their list immediately. I cc'd and mailed a copy to his
vet.

A week or so later I got a hand-written note of apology, not from the vet
who had treated Sampson all those years, but from the owner of the clinic.
He said yes, they did make my info available along with info on other
"senior" pets who might benefit from this medication. He indicated they

had
no idea Sampson was so ill. Excuse ME? Ever think to pull his chart and
see what you guys were treating him for, not to mention his extreme age?
And that he was already ON this medication, so the certificate for a Free
First Trial wouldn't have done me a damned bit of good anyway?

(deep breath) I went through my mail from yesterday this morning. I got

letter from this same clinic about a new heartworm injectible for my dog.
Hello. You put him to sleep in 1999. Why the hell am I on a mailing list
for this in 2004?! Stuff like this just chaps my ass. But unless I get