Cat in a bag

Old January 30th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.med.veterinary,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Nictating membranes (P-ing Hillary and other DVMs- was: cat in a bag)

cybercat wrote:

Down, my fuzzy little stalker pit bull. I did not read that post. Are you
surprised? Your posts rarely interest me, because you are an asshole.

You are lying because you have responded to every post I have made in
this thread. Or are you saying that you respond eventhough you do not
read the post? If that is the case, then it figures - you very often
go off half-cocked with the wrong information.

This is a good question for the vets. They are here to disseminate
information, not to bolster their understandably shaky sense of self
esteem, as you are.

I have no problem with self esteem. What I do have a problem with are
morons like you disseminating incorrect information. Answer the
question, Nancy: Are you NOW willing to admit that a cat's nictating
membran *can* be showing when it is in a sleepy, drowsy or content
state?

-L.

Old January 30th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Nictating membranes

http://www.petcat.us/root_copy/questions.shtml

Sometimes, however, if your cat is very sleepy, and very happy, they will
sometimes show this membrane.

http://cats.about.com/cs/resources/g/nictating.htm
Nictating Membrane"
Glossary

Definition: Noun. An inner, third eyelid, which serves to protect the eye
from dryness and/or damage. When a cat is sick, the third eyelid will
partially close, which is a signal to get him to the vet immediately,
especially if other symptoms are present. Curiously enough, a very happy,
drowsy, cat will sometimes show that nictating membrane.

http://cats.about.com/cs/eyesvision/a/cats_eyes.htm

The "Third Eyelid"

Cats have an inner, third eyelid, called a nictating membrane, which serves
to protect the eye from dryness and/or damage. When a cat is sick, the third
eyelid will partially close, which is a signal to get him to the vet
immediately if other symptoms present. Curiously enough, a very happy cat
will also show that nictating membrane.

eye problems in cats

http://cats.about.com/od/eyeproblemsandblindness/

Old January 30th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,alt.med.veterinary

Default Cat in a bag

cybercat wrote:
Heh. You bet.

The fact is, what I said is true. I said "To the asshole: your cat needs to
see a vet.
Her inner eyelid is showing. Maybe you could take her to the vet instead of
photographing her in stupid
and potentially dangerous situations. Asshole."

I can see the asshole who enjoys posting pictures of his cats torturing and
killing
little animals objecting, but for you to is beyond priceless.

When we see the third eyelid with any regularity it is time to see the vet.

Yes, it is. But that is not the case with this cat, and that is not
what you have been arguing. You have been arguing that the cat needs
to be seen by a vet simply because the "third eyelid" is showing.
Showing the nictating membrane is not, in and of itself, a sign of
illness, as you stated above. The cat just woke up, is sleepy and her
nic membranes are showing which is not any need for concern.

Especially
when we are a single-eyebrowed piece of **** that encourages them to kill
animals that might have been exposed to anything. How do you think the dead
mole he posted a photo of got into his house? Had the mole been subjected to
any pesticides?

I don't care. I am not concerned with his animals catching rodents -
plenty of cats catch rodents - that is what cats do. What I *am*
concerned with is you giving out wrong information.

One of the most delightful things about you, hoss,

First of all, the guy's name was Hoss. You probably don't even have
any idea where the reference came from. And if you think it is an
insult, it's not - Hoss was a very likeable, gentle character whom
everyone loved. Furthermore, unlike you, apparently, I am completely
comfortable in my body. You may think fat phobia and disparaging heavy
people is funny. It's not - it's cruel and bigoted, and quite frankly,
extremely sophomoric. But that's not surprising coming from you.

is how you will pounce on
any post you think you can take issue with--if I made it. Your bitter rage
knows
no bounds--no, wait. It does know a few bounds now. lol

No, you will recall I am an equal opportunity debator. I have taken
exception with things many people have posted - including your
precious, "untouchable" Phil, Megan, and even my friends Sherry and
Cheryl. Unlike you, my response has nothing to do with anyone's
"status", positive or negative, on the ngs.

Now then, back to you, 222rem (jesus, what kind of cretin chooses a username
that is the name of a rifle, of all the things you could have chosen?)

That's cherry coming from you, "Lumpy". Maybe the guy likes REM and
his address is 222. In your small world everything is black and white.

--I
repeat,
your cats might be better off if you take more of an interest in their
health and
less in their predation. Hanging your cat in a plastic bag is not good.

The cat is not hanging in a plastic bag. How can the cat be "hanging"
when both strings of the bag are showing?

Bringing
rodents into the house for your cats to kill is a little risky. Hoss knows
this,
but her obsession compels her to disagree with me.

I don't care if he brings rodents into the house - it is his cat and
his rodents. For all I know he buys them at a pet store and supplies
them to the cat. He wouldn't be the first on the ng to do so. I bring
rodents into my house and feed them to my snakes. This is not any
different, as far as I can tell. My only concern to him about the mole
is that they can carry lice. It isn't something I would do with my
cats, but hey - I am not a control freak enough to care whether or not
he does it with his. Geez! If the cats get poisoned or get worms
(most likely outcome), so be it. Maybe the guy will learn it isn't
that great of a practice.

To my great amusement.
Why don't you two do another turn around the room. The kneejerk Greenie
anti-hunting, almost-vegetarian Lynnie and the frustrated Big Game Hunter,
standing in the shadows with a camera while his cats torture mice to death.
This is a dance worth watching. Laughter really is the best medicine, after
all.
That makes you two doctors. By God, I am generous today.

You are insane. Please, get the help you need before you hurt
yourself.
-L.

Old January 30th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Matthew. Maybe she will listen to you, since she sure as
hell won't put her baggage away long enough to learn something from me.

-L.

Old January 30th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

NMR wrote:
[...]

I did not post it to prove anyone's point just to stop the bickering

You know I like it real quiet so quiet that when one of the cat farts we
know who did it

Old January 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

So, how would you interpret this, NMR? I have had three healthy, well-cared
for
cats whose "third eyelids" I have never seen. I have, however, seen it in
sick
cats, thin strays, etc. My interpretation is, if I see it the cat is going
to the vet.
So what if "sometimes" it is a sign that your cat is "very sleepy or very
happy."
I'd rather err on the safe side. And when I see this is a cat enouraged to
eat
rodents by its asshole owner, who then posts the dead rodent photos in the
group, I am doubly convinced that a visit to the vet is in order.

But then, I am not clipping didy coupins and wearing faux Payless
Birkenstocks to save money. I do not find reasons not to take my
cat to the vet, justifying it by saying that the vets "laugh at" people
who bring them in at every sign of concern, as Lyn does.

Old January 30th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote in message

there is nothing wrong with erroring on the safe side if you have a furball
you are parent there is no such thing as being wrong if you think something
is wrong; as long as it is not a hypochondriac ( ??? ) thing. I panicked
before I woke rumble up one time to see his 3 eye lid retract have never
seen it before and have never seen it again since then. I rushed him to the
vet.

I have learned that L and you will never get along but that is between you
2. You both are very outspoken in your own ways.

223rem is extremely outspoken specially when it comes to declawing issue.
And I believe it is a him choose to let people have it when it comes to that
issue. His ( Her ) right to do so it is a free www

Personally 223rem bad thing to let furballs hang out in plastic bags but
that is my opinion and I am not placing my opinion on you just stating my
opinion

And any vet that would laugh at me coming in to make sure one of my children
was ok after I paid the vet bill would be knocked flat on their laughing
ass.

Old January 30th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.med.veterinary

cybercat wrote:
So, how would you interpret this, NMR? I have had three healthy, well-cared
for
cats whose "third eyelids" I have never seen.

You simply are not very observant.

I have, however, seen it in
sick
cats, thin strays, etc.

That's the point. Nictating membranes in and of themselves are not a
sign of illness. Cats that are obviously sick, lethargic, or ailing,
will *sometimes* have their nictating membranes showing. It is very
easy to spot a sick cat with nic mambranes showing - they are not
alert, responsive and they act sick. A well cat with nic membranes
showing almost always are content or sleepy.

My interpretation is, if I see it the cat is going
to the vet.

That's because you're an idiot. Common sense when it comes to cat
health and behavior is not your forte. You're also the bimbo who
brings the cat to the vet for every minor scratch or wound.

So what if "sometimes" it is a sign that your cat is "very sleepy or very
happy."
I'd rather err on the safe side. And when I see this is a cat enouraged to
eat
rodents by its asshole owner, who then posts the dead rodent photos in the
group, I am doubly convinced that a visit to the vet is in order.

The cat just woke up, according to the OP. It's highly likely the
cat's nic membranes are showing because it is sleepy.

But then, I am not clipping didy coupins and wearing faux Payless
Birkenstocks to save money.

Why do you think this is a fault? A fool and his money are soon
parted. Besides, I do not use disposable diapers. As you well know, I
use coth. I have posted about the coupons as I clip those coupons for
my friends who do, which you also know. And while I have purchased
shoes at Payless and see nothing wrong with doing so, the "faux
Birkenstocks" you are referring to are Simple clogs. Simple are far
superior to Birks for a number of reasons, and they certainly are not
cheap. But of course, none of the facts of the truth of what I post
fit into your tiny little world of "make fun of Lyn at all costs". You
claim you "rarely read my posts" yet know the minute details of my
daily life as posted to a.i.parenting. Hummmm...how can that be?
Psssst....Your continuous pugnacious behavior and lack of integrity is
why most people have you killfiled.

I do not find reasons not to take my
cat to the vet, justifying it by saying that the vets "laugh at" people
who bring them in at every sign of concern, as Lyn does.

They do laugh at people like you. They have nicknames for people like
you. When they see your phone number pop up on caller ID at the vet,
they argue with each other about who will take the call because you are
such a pain in the ass and a waste of time. The vets *loathe* people
like you because you waste time that could be better served servicing
cats that are truly sick. You are the hypochondriacs of the vet world.

Educate yourself a little bit and learn something, for a change. Put
your biases on the back burner, shut your mouth and listen.

(I know, it's an impossiblity, but we can always hope.)

-L.

Old January 30th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:
And any vet that would laugh at me coming in to make sure one of my children
was ok after I paid the vet bill would be knocked flat on their laughing
ass.

You will never know they are laughing at you. They will smile in your
face, happily take your money and let you out the side door. They will
laugh at you before and after your visit. If it is bad enough, you
will become a reference point for all other people like you. "Oh, is
this one a "Carter" too?

The point is, you have to have some common sense when it comes to
taking care of your cat. A simple Google search will show you that a
nic membrane is not always a sign of illness. You figured that out
right quick. It's amazing that cyberdolt can't seem to do so.

-L.

Old January 30th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
.. .

"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, Matthew. I still want a vet's take on this.