Announcing . . .

Old November 16th 04, 02:34 AM
Yoj

"Nanki Poo" wrote in message
Yoj

A new addition to my feline family!

Apparently he was in a household with several cats, and then the

people
moved away and abandoned all the cats. Somebody trapped them, but he
had been on his own for quite a while, and is rather thin.

As I was driving home, I tried to think of a name for him. He was

being
very vocal, and I thought about him wandering around on his own. The
song, "A Wandering Minstrel, I" popped into my head. So his name is
Nanki-Poo.

*** WHAT ??? !!! ***

Mrow
*NP*

--
Purrs and headbutts from: /\_/\ /\ /\
Nanki Poo =( ^*^ )= @ @

Yes, Nanki-Poo, you now have a namesake. I just wish I knew where he
was! He went out late last night and I haven't seen him since. I
wouldn't have thought he'd wander far, since it was dark and it was only
the second time he'd been outside, but I'm afraid he might have gotten
lost. He seemed perfectly happy here, so I don't believe he meant to
run away.

Joy

Old November 16th 04, 02:34 AM
Yoj

That's what I thought too, but he went out late last night, apparently
because I hadn't cleaned the litter box since the last time he used it,
and I haven't seen him since. :-(

Joy

"Jean Hobbs" wrote in message
Welcome to Nanki Poo, tell him to stick to his guns
I'm sure Lindy will get the message, That he's gonna stay
in this lovely home cause he likes it!!!!!!! Jean.
Yoj wrote in message
om...
Thank you, Baha. I think there's progress in the adjustment

department.
This evening I was watching TV (Survivor is on while I'm at
Toastmasters, so I tape it and watch it when I get home) and

Nanki-Poo
was in the hall. Lindy was in the dining room or entry hall. They
could see each other, but I could only see Nanki. Lindy said some

very
unkind things to Nanki, but it wasn't the "intruder yowl" - just

trash
talk. Nanki didn't talk back to her, but he didn't run away either.

He
just laid down in the hallway where he was. I could be wrong, but I
think that means she doesn't particularly like it, but she realizes

he's
going to stick around, and he was admitting she was superior while
saying he isn't afraid of her. I'll probably find out more when I

go to
bed tonight.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"Singh" wrote in message
congratulations on your newest addition! Purrs for a peaceful

integration
for all.

Blessed be,
Baha

Yoj wrote:

A new addition to my feline family!

Apparently he was in a household with several cats, and then the

people
moved away and abandoned all the cats. Somebody trapped them,

but
he
had been on his own for quite a while, and is rather thin.

As I was driving home, I tried to think of a name for him. He

was
being
very vocal, and I thought about him wandering around on his own.

The
song, "A Wandering Minstrel, I" popped into my head. So his

name is
Nanki-Poo.

Lindy was not very welcoming, so he hid under my bed for a

while.
He's
out, exploring now. He was very affectionate at the shelter, so

I'm
hoping they'll both come around pretty soon.

Old November 16th 04, 02:37 PM
Nanki Poo

Yoj wrote
"Nanki Poo" wrote in message

[...]

I certainly hope he comes back - then we can discuss the hyphen!

Old November 16th 04, 05:43 PM
Yoj

"Nanki Poo" wrote in message
news
Yoj wrote
"Nanki Poo" wrote in message

[...]

LOL about the hyphen.

He came back, but Lindy wouldn't let him come in the house, and he ran
away from me. I put a blanket and some food for him in the garage. I
don't know if he used the blanket, but the food is gone. I refilled the
food dish and put some water out for him.

Joy