Exploring the Mouser Part 1 (long)

Old August 18th 04, 06:28 AM
Mischief

Default Exploring the Mouser Part 1 (long)

Mischief trots below deck to tour the Mouser and see what she can
find. There seemed to be a couple different levels.

The first level was mainly a large room. There were several cat trees
and scratching posts scattered around the room. There were dangling
strings here and there, some with stuffed mice attached to them. On
one wall, there were various cat dancers, sparkly toys and suede
tassles attached. On the other wall were several perches of various
heights. On the wall was a sign reading. "Absolutely NO spraying!"
Another sign read, "Excessive hissing, spitting or fighting will
result in the loss of a meal and litter box duty."

The second level had the living quarters. Every cat on crew had their
own hammock to sleep in and a small cubby hole to store their gear.
Mischief walks past a few cats that are napping peacefully in their
hammocks. She spies a very large tabby cat trying to to squeeze into
the cubby hole. Another large orange cat sits nearby and says,
"Tiger, I don't think you're going to fit." "Nonsense, Ozzy!!" says
the Tiger, "There's PLENTY of room!"

Mischief shakes her head and continues on, passing a Siamese who has
filled his cubby hole with balls, squeeky mice, and other toys. The
new members of the crew had hammocks near the center of the room, but
the veteran cats were given the hammocks near the porthole windows so
they can perch and stare outside.

At the end of the long room were two cat doors leading to the small
room with the litter boxes. There were three different boxes, each
with different kinds of litter. The first had the latest litter
crystals, (Guranteed to lock in odors!) The second was Tidy Cats clay
litter, (Multiple strength for Multiple cats) Finally there was a box
full of dirt and grass, (For the outdoor cat that loves that "natural"
feeling)

On the wall next to an air freshner was a sign that read. "LItter Box
Rules" 1)Please refrain from kicking litter outside the box.
2)You are responsible for covering up your own business.
3)The boxes are changed twice a day. Once in the morning, and once at
night. Yowling upon completing your business will not clean the boxes
any faster.
4) Please refrain from wall scratching.
5) Please do not meatloaf or lie in any of the boxes.
6) Do not bring any outside items like toys or any plunder into the
litter box

After pausing to use the litter box, Mischief goes to leave. She is
barely out of the cat flap when a calico appears in front of her.

"Hi, Mischief! It's me, Lacey! Whatcha doin?"
"I'm exploring the ship, silly."
"Oh really? Can I tag along? I hear there's a secret stash of catnip
somewhere. Can I come? Can I? Can I?"
"Lacey....."
"Or maybe we can play tag. Do you like to play tag?"
"Okay, fine, let's play tag. I'm it! Now, RUN!"

Lacey takes off, running over a fluffly black kitty named Tabitha, who
was busy killing a stuffed mouse. Tabitha, miffed at being run over,
runs and chases after Lacey. Mischief shakes her head and continues