13yr old cat chronic diahrrea, I can't lose another one!!!

Old May 2nd 04, 02:33 AM
LITTLEMISSCONNIE

Default 13yr old cat chronic diahrrea, I can't lose another one!!!

My dear Sissy cat and I have moved alot in the past few years, but I have just
moved to Tx from Wa and now she has diahrrea all the time. I don't know if it
is the water which I think stinks, but my mother doesn't, who has lived here
for 15 yrs. I have also turned her into an indoor cat from an outdoor cat.
There are too many predators around here to get her. I already lost a cat like
her years ago when I moved down here then. I also feed her an indoor dry food
formula and a hairball dry food formula as well as canned cat food. Could
someone please help me. I am on SS disability and can't afford a lot of vet
bills at this time. My mother is retired and widowed. She eats alot and all
the time, and seems to drink enough water although I don't see her drink often
enough. We have been here almost 2 yrs. now so I don't think it is stress. She
seems very happy and loves her dried catnip. She hates not going outside of
course. Thanks for any help please.
Old May 2nd 04, 05:17 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 02 May 2004 01:33:51 +0000, LITTLEMISSCONNIE wrote:

My dear Sissy cat and I have moved alot in the past few years, but I have just
moved to Tx from Wa and now she has diahrrea all the time. I don't know if it
is the water which I think stinks, but my mother doesn't, who has lived here
for 15 yrs. I have also turned her into an indoor cat from an outdoor cat.

I know you can't afford it being your circumstances put you in an
incredibly low income bracket, but the problem is that it can be any
number of things - change of environment, sudden parasite, and yes,
perhaps the water as well - and the only way you're going to find out
what it is and what the treatment is is if a vet does a fecal screen.

That being said, I would highly recommend you check with your local humane
society and find out if there are any low-cost clinics in your area. If
the cat is dehydrated, though, look for emergency vet clinics and GO NOW.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old May 2nd 04, 01:09 PM
MIKE

Your story doesn't make sense. You say that you have just moved to TX
but then you say you have been there for two years.(?) I would try
bottled water first. Then, try some LIVE CULTURE yoghurt. If she won't
eat the yoghurt, get some acidolphulos capsules at a health food store.
Open the capsules and sprinkle the powder in her canned food (mix it
up). If these don't work - see the vet.

-MIKE

Old May 2nd 04, 04:15 PM
Cowa Bungie

Karen Chuplis wrote in message news:BCB9EFD8.295EA%

You can certainly switch to bottled water to see if that helps and rule out
one thing.

I read this post because my 13 year-old is also not herself. As
someone whose circumstances are almost identical to yours, all I can
say is that Sissy and you are in my prayers. I hope and pray her
stomach improves and that God watches over you both.

Hil