Persian v.s. Himalayan

Old January 30th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Persian

Default Persian v.s. Himalayan

Persian v.s. Himalayan

http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_murzik.htm
v.s.
http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_liza.htm

Alex
www.PersianKittenEmpire.Com

Old January 30th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Persian wrote:

Persian v.s. Himalayan

http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_murzik.htm
v.s.
http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_liza.htm

Could you fix your webpage so that it doesn't resize the browser window
every time you click on one of the thumbnail pictures? Very annoying. It
makes the window go to the size of the picture, and then you can't access
the forward and back arrows. Not user-friendly!

Are these mixed-breed kittens? Mixtures of persian and himalayan?

Joyce
Old January 30th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 30, 3:11 pm, wrote:
Persian wrote:

Persian v.s. Himalayan

http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_murzik.htm
v.s.
http://persiankittenempire.com/momdad_liza.htm

Could you fix your webpage so that it doesn't resize the browser window
every time you click on one of the thumbnail pictures? Very annoying. It
makes the window go to the size of the picture, and then you can't access
the forward and back arrows. Not user-friendly!

Are these mixed-breed kittens? Mixtures of persian and himalayan?

Joyce

We have Himmies and the subject has never been 'splained ot _me_ very
well. Apparently, Himmies were originally a Persian/Siamese cross that
was developed into its own breed. I don't think Siamese crosses are
done anymore; at least no one I talk to thinks so. However, solid-
color kittens born to Himmie parents are considered and shown as
Persians. They, and pure-bred Persians are bred to Himmie partners and
the results are considered Persian if solid and HImmie if pointed.

So we have:
Maggie May: Looks like a fluffy Siamese with a Persian face. Very
pretty and a bit chunky.Would show as a Himmie. But I don't think
chunky is valued in a show Himmie.

Winnie: Maggie May's son but he is pure white. Would show as a
Persian. He is probably too slender to do well as a Persian but he is
one beautiful boy, even with the Persian face.

Missy: Maggie May's daughter. Looks like her mom but quite
slender.Would show as a Himmie and might fit the ideal, except after
she killed a judge. They don't like that.

Sunrise: Unrelated to the others. The daughter of a flamepoint Himmie
and a red Persian. She looks like a perfect red Persian but probably
too slender. Her diva act might play well with show judges though. She
channels Miss Piggy.

WooToo is an unrelated shorthair and thinks the fur coats are silly
indoors.

Will in New Haven