Kittens fixed two days ago: Amazing recovery

Old November 19th 03, 05:25 PM
Al Kondo

Default Kittens fixed two days ago: Amazing recovery

I have two kittens that are now almost 4 months old. They were
spayed and neutered on Monday of this week. I was told to keep them
quiet by the vet for a day or two. I found that their playfulness was
somewhat limited when I brought them home on the first day. But I
could not keep them from leaping up on things they usually do and
chasing after each other. After a few attempts at keeping them
quiet, I decided that they must feel well enough to play. On the
second day after surgery, both seemed just about back to their normal
selves. It is utterly amazing how fast they recuperated from their
surgery. This is especially true for my little female kitten. She
underwent major surgery. How is it possible for cats to recuperate
so easily?? In my thoughts about their recovery period, I just
imagined how it is for a human after such surgery. We would be
taking things pretty gingerly for quite some time after such trauma.

Today is day three and they are doing great.

Al Kondo
Old November 19th 03, 05:36 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Al Kondo)

[...]

Glad to hear your kitties are doing so well
When I had my cats done, they also recovered very quickly. I think a lot of it
has to do with the type of anesthesia that is used, at least in my experience.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old November 19th 03, 05:36 PM
PawsForThought

Old November 19th 03, 05:36 PM
PawsForThought

Old November 19th 03, 08:50 PM
Sharon Talbert

Our organization routinely sterilizes kittens at 8 weeks (if they are
healthy and weigh at least 2 pounds). They bounce right back and by the
next day are carrying on as usual. Shelters have been sterlizing kittens
at 8 weeks for a couple of decades now, with follow-up studies confirming
that there is no negative consequence.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org

Old November 20th 03, 12:46 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Al Kondo composed with style:

[...]

Today is day three and they are doing great.

Kudos, Al. Thanks for fixing your babies and you will be rewarded
with great behavior and the knowledge that they aren't contributing to
the overpopulation problem. Amazing creatures, cats.