Why my cats stay inside

Old December 17th 03, 12:40 PM
Wendy

Default Why my cats stay inside

Because there are brutal idiots like this running around out there

Cat set afire, found outside apartment door
By GEORGE MATTAR
Bucks County Courier Times

A cat was set on fire Saturday, tossed against a door at a Bristol Township
apartment complex and left to die.

Now, there's $1,000 offered to anyone with information that leads to the
arrest and conviction of those responsible.

Kevin Burns and his roommate, Shawna Meske, were watching television at
about 11 p.m. at the Brittany Springs Apartments, Bristol-Oxford Valley
Road, when they heard a bang.

"We went outside to see what it was. There was a cat on fire and it was
screaming,'' said Burns, who added he was horrified.

He and Meske got a fire extinguisher and doused the fire. The cat was still
alive, he said.

"I took a blanket and wrapped the cat up so it wouldn't go into shock. I
called 911 and then took it to an animal hospital,'' said Burns, who
transported the critically injured cat to Animal Emergency & Critical Care
Service off Cabot Boulevard in Middletown.

There, Dr. Elaine Perez immediately treated the cat, according to Anne
Irwin, executive director of the Bucks County Society for Prevention of
Cruelty to Animals. But 90 percent of its body was severely burned, she
said, and the cat had to be put to sleep.

Burns said he smelled an accelerant but that it wasn't gasoline. He said it
smelled more like butane, which is commonly used in cigarette lighters.

Bristol Township police Lt. John Godzieba said Officer Bill O'Keefe was
called to the scene and learned the cat was thrown against the screen on the
sliding glass door to the apartment where Burns and Meske live.

"We checked the area but could not find anything that would lead us to a
suspect. There are no suspects at this time, but the incident is under
investigation,'' Godzieba said.

Old December 17th 03, 06:09 PM
Larry Osborne

"Wendy" wrote in message

Cat set afire, found outside apartment door
By GEORGE MATTAR
Bucks County Courier Times

Really nasty story snipped

This is a truly ugly incident. I hope the cat recovers to a reasonable
state eventually.

I live on the 16th floor of an apartment building, so letting my pair out
only can be done to the balcony, certainly they couldn't roam in the area.

Larry Osborne

Old December 17th 03, 10:22 PM
G Chew

"Larry Osborne" wrote in
:

"Wendy" wrote in message

Cat set afire, found outside apartment door
By GEORGE MATTAR
Bucks County Courier Times

Really nasty story snipped

This is a truly ugly incident. I hope the cat recovers to a
reasonable state eventually.

I realize it's a difficult story to read, but I have to point out a line
from the original post:

Old December 17th 03, 11:11 PM
Ray Ban

"Larry Osborne" wrote in message ...
"Wendy" wrote in message

Cat set afire, found outside apartment door
By GEORGE MATTAR
Bucks County Courier Times

Really nasty story snipped

This is a truly ugly incident. I hope the cat recovers to a reasonable
state eventually.

Unfortunately, 90% of the cat's body was burned. The cat had to be put to sleep.