Purrs on the way for Frank's surgery

Old October 27th 04, 06:58 PM
Irulan

Please keep us updated, Marina. We are all worried about Franki.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Marina" wrote in message
Sam Nash wrote:

And calming purrs for his worried Meowmie. Please let us know how he
gets on, Marina.

Thanks, Sam and everyone else. Much appreciated. As it turns out, Frank
may not have any surgery after all. I met the vet who does the procedures
at the dental clinic, and she said it's very rare for a cat to get an
infection in a lower fang, and she was sceptical about the root having
been infected at all. Well, I saw the dark gunk oozing out of Frank's gum
a month ago, and it certainly seemed like pus to me. However, the X-rays
they took of Frank's jaw when I took him in to the emergency vet didn't
show an infection, and this vet said that the diagnostician who looked at
the slides is one of the leading ones in the country. So she was more
inclined to believe the expert than my general practice vet. But the fact
remains that I saw the stuff oozing from Frank's gum.

Well, today they are going to take more X-rays of his mouth, with one of
those special dental X-ray machines, and then decide whether they will
operate or not. The vet said there is always a risk that the jawbone will
be broken while extracting a lower fang, so she is reluctant to operate if
there is no sign of damage to the root. I'm waiting for her to call and
give me an update. She said she'd call before they operate to discuss the
options.

Frank was very offended at not getting any breakfast, being bundled into
the Sherpa bag, and taken to another stinkin vet, and especially at having
his temperature taken. Then he was put in a cage, I scritched him goodbye
and left, to the accompaniment of his deep, throaty yowls. I suspect he
will be entertaining the clinic all day, except when he is anaesthetized.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 28th 04, 02:51 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:33:09 -0700, "Sam Nash" wrote:

And calming purrs for his worried Meowmie. Please let us know how he gets
on, Marina.

thanks Sam for starting the thread. I meant to send purrs last night.

Many purrs on the way for a successful dental exam, with quick
recovery from the sleepy gas. Also (since I see Marina's post that
surgery may not be required after all), purrs for the diagnosis
conflict to be resolved so that the worried meowmie can quit worrying.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old October 28th 04, 10:36 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Frank's problem to be minor and easily
treated,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
Thanks, Sam and everyone else. Much appreciated. As it turns out, Frank
may not have any surgery after all. I met the vet who does the
procedures at the dental clinic, and she said it's very rare for a cat
to get an infection in a lower fang, and she was sceptical about the
root having been infected at all. Well, I saw the dark gunk oozing out
of Frank's gum a month ago, and it certainly seemed like pus to me.

snip