An idea for a mass purr day

Old September 7th 04, 06:25 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:55:35 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was in favor of consolidated
purrs but I am. I guess I'm just feeling left out when some of my
stories don't even rate responses other than one or two. I thought
that might be due to traffic, and if not, I feel bad now. Oh well.

--
Cheryl

Not all my stories get much of a response, either, but that's okay. I
can't respond to everyone's posts, either -- there simply isn't enough
time. I tend to respond to the posts needing support, because as
someone else said, just a little response can be uplifting and helpful
during a difficult situation. And I can tell you how very true that
is for me, when people have posted support, for instance, in my posts
about rescuing the two kittens. Means a great deal.

But I don't often respond to the stories. I read them, mind you, and
laugh if it's appropriate, cry if it's appropriate, but usually don't
feel a need to respond, especially if others do. If I responded to
everything I read here, I'd be spending hours on here! lol!

So don't feel left out, Cheryl. We may not always respond, but you
*are* being read :-)

Ginger-lyn

Old September 7th 04, 06:28 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:01:50 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

I think it is a lovely idea! Some of us have limited time and aren't
always able to read and respond to all purr requests. In fact, there
are times when I can't read them through the tears in my eyes. A digest
with a weekly session would enable me to think of everyone who needs the
purrs and prayers on a regular basis.

BTW, you can put Skeeter and me on your list. When I wasn't able to get
on line, Yowie was good enough to post a message for me about Skeeter,
who has been diagnosed with CRF. Her numbers are quite high, and have
raised drastically in the past six months. She has also lost three
pounds in two months. I'm doing my best to keep her comfortable and do
what is right for her. I know eventually I'll have to make that hardest
decision, and I pray I'll know when that time comes. She is still able
to snuggle and purr for me, and she is eating a little (very little), so
I know that time is not yet, but I'm afraid it may be soon.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

{{{{{Joy}}}}} I understand, and my thoughts are with you and Skeeter.

Ginger-lyn
and Cosmo, CRF cat

Old September 7th 04, 07:51 PM
Exocat

My boys will be in. Here we're 5 hours ahead of your Eastern time, 8
from West Coast.

Purrs

Gordon, Bandit, Pericles & Snowball

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Dan M" wrote in message

Lately it seems like a lot of us have posted important purr

requests -

It seems to me that it might be a worthwhile experiment to select a

date
and time (perhaps the next full moon?) when everyone who is so

inclined
could, at the same time, do their thing towards addressing the purr
requests.

Old September 7th 04, 09:50 PM
Tanada

CatNipped wrote:

This is true. However, as a motivational tool, praise for a wanted behavior
is the best way to have that behavior continue. ; I like reading the
stories, I want to continue to have stories to read, ergo I need to show my
appreciation for the stories I do read. But, you're right, I write stories
for sort of the same reason I fart - it just has to come out!! LOL

One other comment. I tend to be overly sensitive (read egotistical - the
whole world revolves around ME! ;), and when someone doesn't respond to my
post - especially when someone quits responding to all my posts - I start to
worry that I have offended them in some way. I would *die* if I gave
offense to anyone here, you guys are just so great, so kind, so caring - it
would be like kicking a kitten to hurt one of you in any way. So, even a
"LOL" or "Me too" post helps let me know that you're OK with what I've
written here.

Exactly. You hit the nail right on the head, so far as I'm concerned.
I'm also overly sensitive, and think that I offended someone when no one
responds to my posts. Even though I know, in my head, that everyone is
busy and may not have something to say, there's still a little place
within me that wonders what I did wrong "this time." I know that I
didn't do something wrong, but still there's a part of me that says that
I did. Blame it on faulty programing, I guess.

Pam S.

It's Back TW, Purr Request badwilson Cat anecdotes 44 August 13th 04 10:34 PM
Job Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 54 July 1st 04 05:09 PM
Purr Chain Stacey Cat anecdotes 28 November 25th 03 12:26 AM
Purr Pad Kris Dockter Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 03 02:18 PM