Cat collar

Old May 22nd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat collar

On 2006-05-21, Christina Websell penned:
I was about to go to bed just now and wanted to check that the cats were in.
Boyfie was visible but KFC was not on her bean bag. Unusual. Boyfie has a
wicker bed under the table that he only uses sometimes. Because of my eye
surgery I cannot see very well in the dark or bad light so I had to put my
hand into the bed to see if anyone was there.
KFC was in there and was so thrilled that I had found her that she scaled my
body (ouch) and settled herself around my neck. I felt obliged to put up
with it for ten minutes and I stroked her all over - up the tail too - and
she purred big time. I had to walk about as it was so uncomfortable (she
was holding on with her claws) so after ten minutes I had to bow over to
make her go back on the floor.
She now has the hump.

What a good catslave you are!

I don't think Oscar would have nearly such a friendly reaction if I
reached out to touch her without warning.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 30th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2006-05-21, Christina Websell penned:
[...]

It was certainly a surprise to have her fasten herself round my neck like
that, it seemed like a honour so I felt I had to tolerate it for a while ;-)
Although KFC hasn't got the best temper in the world, I would not expect her
to scratch me if I accidentally touched her while she was sleeping. If she
did, I'd tell her off. She's very intelligent and I think this would
discourage her, she doesn't like to be told off.
If she did it again I just *might* say DON'T DO THAT and flick her with my
finger. It would horrify her, though and fortunately I've never had to do
it.
My cats have a good life here. They are fed twice a day on good food, have
a fire to sleep beside and can wander about safely and hunt to their hearts
content 24/7. The least I expect from them back is that they don't injure
me.

Tweed

Old May 30th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-30, Christina Websell penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I don't think Oscar would have nearly such a friendly reaction if I
reached out to touch her without warning.

It was certainly a surprise to have her fasten herself round my neck like
that, it seemed like a honour so I felt I had to tolerate it for a while ;-)
Although KFC hasn't got the best temper in the world, I would not expect her
to scratch me if I accidentally touched her while she was sleeping. If she
did, I'd tell her off. She's very intelligent and I think this would
discourage her, she doesn't like to be told off.

In all likelihood, Oscar wouldn't do anything nasty. But the chance
would certainly be there ...

She has mellowed a lot. It used to be that if I tried to touch her
belly while she was lying on her back, she'd latch on with all fours
plus fangs. Ow! Now she'll actually put up with it to some extent,
or try to move away.

If she did it again I just *might* say DON'T DO THAT and flick her with my
finger. It would horrify her, though and fortunately I've never had to do
it.
My cats have a good life here. They are fed twice a day on good food, have
a fire to sleep beside and can wander about safely and hunt to their hearts
content 24/7. The least I expect from them back is that they don't injure
me.

That seems reasonable, but Oscar can't always be reasoned with =)

She does seem to understand an awful lot, though. She was meowing
incessantly at the back door, wanting to go out. I didn't want her to
(among other things, she would have burned the heck out of her paws).
Finally I got tired of the whining and said, "Oscar, give it a rest!"
in the same tired-out, knock-it-off voice you might use with a child
who's been bugging you about something the whole day.

She meowed once more in a tone that was clearly talk-back of some sort
("I hate you! You never let me have any fun!"), but that was it. No
more whining.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 31st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-30, Christina Websell penned:

In all likelihood, Oscar wouldn't do anything nasty. But the chance
would certainly be there ...

She has mellowed a lot. It used to be that if I tried to touch her
belly while she was lying on her back, she'd latch on with all fours
plus fangs. Ow! Now she'll actually put up with it to some extent,
or try to move away.

Rusty loves a belly rub. He even turns to give you a better access to
his belly.

That seems reasonable, but Oscar can't always be reasoned with =)

She does seem to understand an awful lot, though. She was meowing
incessantly at the back door, wanting to go out. I didn't want her to
(among other things, she would have burned the heck out of her paws).
Finally I got tired of the whining and said, "Oscar, give it a rest!"
in the same tired-out, knock-it-off voice you might use with a child
who's been bugging you about something the whole day.

She meowed once more in a tone that was clearly talk-back of some sort
("I hate you! You never let me have any fun!"), but that was it. No
more whining.

I am sure cats understand us by the tone of our voice. Rusty seems to
understand what 'Down!', 'Out!', and 'No!' means.
Once he was really fighting the vet and his assitants on the exam table.
I said 'Rusty!' in a stern voice and he quieted down a bit.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 31st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

My cats have a good life here. They are fed twice a day on good food, have
a fire to sleep beside and can wander about safely and hunt to their hearts
content 24/7. The least I expect from them back is that they don't injure
me.

Yeah, that certainly sounds reasonable to me. Of course, not all cats
are reasonable... but I'm glad yours are.

Joyce