Our super-spoiled cats

Old June 4th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Our super-spoiled cats

Well, turns out we have cats with very expensive taste. We had a
japanese fusion dinner tonight, I made a crab guacamole with chips and a
sashimi of tuna with cucumber and melon. While I was preparing the tuna,
I decided to give the scraps (a bit of every tuna steak has a lot of
connective tissue) to the cats, to see if they would eat it. Mind you,
these are the same cats that would not touch the fancy, home-made raw
food I've made for them in the past. Nor will they eat the rather pricey
commercially available raw food. But sashimi-grade tuna, at $16 a pound
was a *huge* hit! They devoured every ounce of it.
Sigh. I have cats with expensive taste.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 4th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Well, turns out we have cats with very expensive taste. We had a
japanese fusion dinner tonight, I made a crab guacamole with chips and a
sashimi of tuna with cucumber and melon. While I was preparing the tuna,
I decided to give the scraps (a bit of every tuna steak has a lot of
connective tissue) to the cats, to see if they would eat it. Mind you,
these are the same cats that would not touch the fancy, home-made raw
food I've made for them in the past. Nor will they eat the rather pricey
commercially available raw food. But sashimi-grade tuna, at $16 a pound
was a *huge* hit! They devoured every ounce of it.
Sigh. I have cats with expensive taste.

LOL! Reminds me of Nikki, who would only accept a treat of a bit of
cheese if the cheese was some expensive kind. I always wondered if she
could read the price on the label.

Old June 4th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Well, turns out we have cats with very expensive taste. We had a japanese
fusion dinner tonight, I made a crab guacamole with chips and a sashimi of
tuna with cucumber and melon. While I was preparing the tuna, I decided to
give the scraps (a bit of every tuna steak has a lot of connective tissue)
to the cats, to see if they would eat it. Mind you, these are the same
cats that would not touch the fancy, home-made raw food I've made for them
in the past. Nor will they eat the rather pricey commercially available
raw food. But sashimi-grade tuna, at $16 a pound was a *huge* hit! They
devoured every ounce of it.
Sigh. I have cats with expensive taste.

My daughter used to manage a Japanese restaurant. One of their specialties
was on Wednesday they would get fresh ahi tuna if it was available. (Fish
monger was another Japanese merchant across the street) To get the very
best sashimi for the particular customer takes a very sharp knife and many
years of skill. Her boss had that skill. Once he sliced the tuna the
slices would melt in your mouth like butter.

Coincidentally the local order of the feral cat hung out in the vacant lot
behind the restaurant.

Jo

Old June 4th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Well, turns out we have cats with very expensive taste. We had a
japanese fusion dinner tonight, I made a crab guacamole with chips and
a sashimi of tuna with cucumber and melon. While I was preparing the
tuna, I decided to give the scraps (a bit of every tuna steak has a
lot of connective tissue) to the cats, to see if they would eat it.
Mind you, these are the same cats that would not touch the fancy,
home-made raw food I've made for them in the past. Nor will they eat
the rather pricey commercially available raw food. But sashimi-grade
tuna, at $16 a pound was a *huge* hit! They devoured every ounce of it.
Sigh. I have cats with expensive taste.

LOL! Reminds me of Nikki, who would only accept a treat of a bit of
cheese if the cheese was some expensive kind. I always wondered if she
could read the price on the label.

I KNOW mine can read the prices on the cat-food cans! (Just
let me find one of their favorites on sale, and they'll
promptly refuse to touch it!)
Old June 5th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Our sushi shop down the street attracted a feral cat that the bicycle
shop across the street from it eventually adopted. Nice cat, now RB
of old age. He always greeted all the dogs, cats and people walking
by.

My picky ones won't touch sushi but they sure prowl when we're eating
it. Once they lick a piece they decide they have had better tuna in
their lives and ignore it.

Cantate (in Japan, down the street from a marvelous sushi shop!)

Old June 5th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Cantate" wrote in message
ps.com...
Our sushi shop down the street attracted a feral cat that the bicycle
shop across the street from it eventually adopted. Nice cat, now RB
of old age. He always greeted all the dogs, cats and people walking
by.

My picky ones won't touch sushi but they sure prowl when we're eating
it. Once they lick a piece they decide they have had better tuna in
their lives and ignore it.

Cantate (in Japan, down the street from a marvelous sushi shop!)

Wish I could be there for even a few days. What passes for sushi around
here lately should be punished with jail time.

Jo

Old June 5th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pistor

On Jun 5, 2:22 am, Cantate wrote:
Cantate (in Japan, down the street from a marvelous sushi shop!)

Where in Japan are you? Tom and I went there on vacation to celebrate
our 10th anniversary. What an amazing country!!! We can't wait to go
back.
Anyhow, we loved a little sushi restaurant in Tokyo called Edo-Gin,
near Tsukiji. It's awesome!!!

Cheers.

Victor

Old June 6th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:39:38 -0500, Victor Martinez wrote:

Well, turns out we have cats with very expensive taste. We had a japanese
fusion dinner tonight, I made a crab guacamole with chips and a sashimi of
tuna with cucumber and melon. While I was preparing the tuna, I decided to
give the scraps (a bit of every tuna steak has a lot of connective tissue)
to the cats, to see if they would eat it. Mind you, these are the same
cats that would not touch the fancy, home-made raw food I've made for them
in the past. Nor will they eat the rather pricey commercially available
raw food. But sashimi-grade tuna, at $16 a pound was a *huge* hit! They
devoured every ounce of it. Sigh. I have cats with expensive taste.

It sounds like they are not the only ones. MLB