upsetting 2 year old

Old January 25th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default upsetting 2 year old

Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children. How
did you think of this?

As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot. He
didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I had
four cats at the time (now I have five). He was constantly complaining that
he would clean something and then the cats would mess it up, and it was his
*policy* that once he cleaned something, he wasn't going to reclean it ten
minutes later (so who asked him to? And he was grossly exaggerating anyway).
The last straw came when he claimed that my cats had given him fleas and he
was supposedly covered in flea bites. Since my cats are/were strictly
indoors, and I hadn't seen a flea on the cats or in the house for years, and
my husband and I and our children didn't have any flea bites, this was
obviously a total lie. I told him if he had flea bites, he obviously got
them at somebody else's house. It was at that point that he serendipitiously
decided to go away on vacation saying he would phone me on his return. In
his absence, I hired someone else. He was technically only on vacation for a
few weeks, but he never did phone me until a few months later. At that point
I told him I had made other arrangements.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

"nay" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you for helping me clear this up in my head guys. I have given
my cleaning lady the boot. I offered to put him in day care for her if
she wanted and even offered to arrange a sitter for her if this was her
reason for bringing him to work. She blatantly told me that she was
the only one who could take care of her kid and she would continue
bringing him to work. I then told her that I would no longer need her
services, as the contract we initially signed stated in bold letters
that no children were allowed to come to work with her. At the time of
drawing up the contract, my husband said I was being melodramatic but I
thank my lucky stars that I did. It has given me a good loophole to
let her go without any hassles.

thanx again for helping me gain clarity. You see, I'm a typical
cat....when things irritate, I lash out and checking in with you was
just to make sure that I wasnt arching my back for nothing.

love you all lots

Nay

On Jan 24, 5:52 pm, "Rene S." wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:57 am, "nay" wrote:

Hi there,
I have a lady who comes to clean my home and she brings her 2 year old
along with her. I have asked her not to bring him as he upsets my cats
and my dog. He is forever chasing them around and this morning, he
pulled one of my cats' tails. This was the last straw for me. I
picked him up and put him outside in the back yard and shut the door.
I went in to his mother and told her that unless she teaches him, she
has to leave him home with her mother like she use to in the beginning.
am I over - reacting? My 2 year old nephew comes there and plays with
my cats and never ever chases them around. they even sit on his lap
when he watches Barney and the eat chips with him.

please advise.
thanxNo, you are not overreaction. I've never heard of a professional

cleaning person bringing her children along on the job. I would find a
new cleaning person.

Old January 25th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"cindys" wrote in message
Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children.
How did you think of this?

As a side note, I also once gave a cleaner (this one was a man) the boot.
He didn't like cats, so my house was a bad place for him to work since I
had four cats at the time (now I have five).

snip
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc. However,
I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy. This man
had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good job), but it
was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is blind. At
first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he just didn't
realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But when I started to
tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat he is, he laughed
again and said Duffy should be put to sleep. That did it! He has had no
further employment from me, and he knows why.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old January 25th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

I have a similar incident. I had a contractor come in to install the
hurricane protection inside shutters. He walked in and the first words out
of his mouth Oh you have cats I hate cats. I turned around opened the door
and told him to get the F@ck out of my house and don't come back. He asked
why I said if you have to ask after that comment that means your are an
idiot and will f@ck up my job.

Old January 25th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy is
blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that he
just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep.

The suggestion is heartbreaking. In your shoes, if someone said that to me,
I would want to cry.

That did it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.

Good for you! People are so thoughtless. When my Molly was so sick with CRF,
and it was only a matter of time, I was sharing with someone whom I thought
was a friend some of the things we were going through -- the medications,
trips to the vet, blood work, the emotional rollercoaster etc. My so-called
friend *humorously* quipped "Well, there is a cure for all of that you
know..." I was stunned. I told him I couldn't believe he would be so
flippant regarding an animal I obviously loved (especially considering that
he had a dog whom he presumably loved). He did apologize and looked
genuinely sorry. I have forgiven him, but I don't think I'll ever forget.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old January 26th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"cindys" wrote in message

I have never had a contract for cleaning service, lawn care, etc.
However, I gave someone "the boot" once because of his attitude to Duffy.
This man had cleaned windows for me for several years (and did a good
job), but it was too much for me when he laughed at Duffy because Duffy
is blind. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed that
he just didn't realize how appalling it is to laugh at a disability. But
when I started to tell him how special Duffy is and what a wonderful cat
he is, he laughed again and said Duffy should be put to sleep.

The suggestion is heartbreaking. In your shoes, if someone said that to
me, I would want to cry.

I didn't feel like crying -- I was *enraged.* I don't get angry very often,
but I sure did that time.

That did it! He has had no further employment from me, and he knows why.

Good for you! People are so thoughtless. When my Molly was so sick with
CRF, and it was only a matter of time, I was sharing with someone whom I
thought was a friend some of the things we were going through -- the
medications, trips to the vet, blood work, the emotional rollercoaster
etc. My so-called friend *humorously* quipped "Well, there is a cure for
all of that you know..." I was stunned.

I would have been stunned, too. People can be so insensitive at times,
particularly people who think "it's just an animal..."

Old January 26th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nay

I was taught by an ex employer that when you draw up a contract,
everything should be in it. all your likes and dislikes, what you
expect, what you want etc and if something is not reflected in the
contract, it can become a loophole. I knew she had a child and I knew
I would be away from home while she cleaned up the place and I didnt
want to take any chances so I added it in. I also put in a clause about
not allowing anyone into my home without my prior consent. This would
ensure that if I walked in and found her lover there, it would be
grounds for dismissal.

one has to be careful and one has to be honest and upfront.
hope this helps for the future

Nay

On Jan 25, 3:42 pm, "cindys" wrote:
Great ending. Thank you for telling us how things turned out. FTR, I have
never had a written contract with a cleaning lady, and even if I did, it
would never occur to me to include a clause about not bringing children. How
did you think of this?

Best regards,

---Cindy S.

"nay" wrote in oglegroups.com...

On Jan 24, 5:52 pm, "Rene S." wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:57 am, "nay" wrote:

[...]

new cleaning person.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 26th 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nay

way to go !!!! Cat power !!

On Jan 25, 6:24 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
I have a similar incident. I had a contractor come in to install the
hurricane protection inside shutters. He walked in and the first words out
of his mouth Oh you have cats I hate cats. I turned around opened the door
and told him to get the F@ck out of my house and don't come back. He asked
why I said if you have to ask after that comment that means your are an
idiot and will f@ck up my job.

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in ...

Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 26th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nay

people can be such arseholes!! I'm glad you gave him the boot. It
serves him right. How is Duffy doing these days and how do you keep
him out of trouble and sticky situations? My sister has a cat who is
blind in one eye and he bumps into almost everything but he has the
sweetest nature and the most loving little purrr !!! I sometimes fetch
him to come and play with my babies and they all get on really well.
My older cat goes where-ever he goes....just to make sure he is okay.

Old January 26th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"nay" wrote in message
oups.com...
people can be such arseholes!! I'm glad you gave him the boot. It
serves him right. How is Duffy doing these days and how do you keep
him out of trouble and sticky situations? My sister has a cat who is
blind in one eye and he bumps into almost everything but he has the
sweetest nature and the most loving little purrr !!! I sometimes fetch
him to come and play with my babies and they all get on really well.
My older cat goes where-ever he goes....just to make sure he is okay.

Duffy and Holly are both doing well -- *great,* in fact. I really don't
need to do anything to keep Duffy out of trouble or sticky situations. The
event I described where he basically went "bonkers" when I applied
Revolution is the *only* time I have ever seen him act like that.
Otherwise, he is an incredible little cat and can do almost anything that
Holly can. The only exception is that he cannot simply run through the
house at full speed, as she can. But he will come trotting to me with tail
held high and making the cutest little chirping sounds, and he is an
incredible gymnast -- he loves to climb and can scale the most incredible
objects, all without ever falling or breaking anything. I did install
carpeted posts beside the computer hutch and along the top of it because he
will get up there and then reach down toward me when I am working on the
computer and I was afraid he might slip off the polished wood. The carpeted
post gives him something to grasp.

Thanks for asking.

Old January 26th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Thank you.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.