Hoping to get home

Old December 20th 04, 01:58 AM
Dan M

Yoj wrote:

Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!

Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon.
When my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern
Nevada on the way to CA!

Old December 20th 04, 06:10 AM
Tanada

Dan M wrote:

Yoj wrote:

Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!

Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon.
When my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern
Nevada on the way to CA!

That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Purrs that you get there soon and safely.
Please give Harri a hug and Nancy lots of scritches for us all here.

Pam S.

Old December 20th 04, 06:16 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Dan M wrote:

Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Dan

Purrs that you and Harri are home for Christmas.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old December 20th 04, 06:55 PM
Jo Firey

"Dan M" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:

Purrs for you and Harri to get home for Christmas!

Thanks for the purrs - looks like it's headed that way! We finally got a
repower - a load to Tracy, CA. We'll get it there tomorrow afternoon. When
my turn to call Pat comes up tonight, I'll be somewhere in northern Nevada
on the way to CA!

Sending purrs for good roads and good weather. And a very merry Christmas.

Jo

Old December 21st 04, 12:59 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-19, Dan M penned:

Harri and I would REALLY like to home for Christmas!

Good luck, Dan.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 21st 04, 02:18 AM
Dan M

It's looking really good for us to get home for Christmas - we're back
in California.

Boy, are we ever back in California! I've gotten spoiled - pull into
even small to medium truckstops at any time of day and find plenty of
empty parking spaces - it's been great. Now I'm back in CA and CA
traffic. Pulled into a very large truck stop in south of Stockton and
had to cruise through the lot for half an hour until someone pulled out.
And this was at 4 PM when they're usually not completely packed!
There's a lot to be said for travelling outside of CA.

Meanwhile, Harri has been getting bored. Daytime high temps have been
barely above freezing, and Harri has made it quite clear that her dainty
little paw pads are not meant for freezing surfaces. So we've been
having to play *lots* and *lots* of feather wand.

She is also developing quite a vocabulary. She sleeps a lot while I'm
driving, so she doesn't see much need for sleep once I get parked for
the night. After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute
little squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a
couple inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly
enough she proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I
get a squeak that sounds suspiciously like "play".

I've also been hearing a new sound out her lately - a sort of trilly
squeak. She has been making that sound when she does something for the
first time, so I guess it means "Look at me!". The most recent example
was last night as we were leaving Utah. I'm driving through dense
freezing fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear
from back in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I
woinder if she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next
offramp and pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw
her standing on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it
up there by herself while the truck was rolling! I petted her and
congratulated her, got back behind the wheel and prepared to pull out
again when I heard the sound again. I peaked back into the sleeper and
she was back on the bottom bunk - again without help! She is getting to
be quite selfconfident and agile, and is not afraid to call her
accomplishments to my attention.

I love it!
Old December 21st 04, 03:06 AM
Ann

More purrs on the way thay you get home for Christmas. I love hearing
stories about Harri.
Ann

Old December 21st 04, 07:13 AM
Marina

Dan M wrote:
I love it!

So do I! She sounds like such a sweet and personable little kitty. We're
still purring that you make it home by Christmas.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 21st 04, 09:05 AM

Dan M wrote:

...After I've been asleep for 2 to 3 hours I here this cute
little squeak that sounds a lot like "Papa", usually delivered from a
couple inches in front of my nose. If I don't open my eyes quickly
enough she proceeds to wash my face for me until I'm laughing. Then I
get a squeak that sounds suspiciously like "play".

...I'm driving through dense
freezing fog, barely able to see a trucklength ahead of me, when I hear
from back in the sleeper this new trilly squeak. I figured "oh oh, I
woinder if she's gotten herself stuck and needs help?" I took the next
offramp and pulled off the road, and when I looked in the sleeper I saw
her standing on the top bunk. That's the first time she's ever made it
up there by herself while the truck was rolling!

What sweet adorable little girl! I'll bet you didn't plan for her to
be a permanent truck pet when you first picked her up! She sounds great
to have along.

Joyce