Oops

Old February 14th 05, 06:31 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-14, Kreisleriana penned:

Listen, you may never be stupid, and you may never be ugly, but if you are
lucky and live long enough, you will certainly become older. That's just
life. Then you will find out what it's like to be one of those "middle-aged
and elderly types." And by then, there's a pretty good chance that younger
people will have come up with some fad or fashion that will appall her as
much as she thinks her husband's long hair appalls her neighbors.

Hrm. I can certainly see where you are coming from, but I think this is one
of those "you're only as old as you act" things. Obviously, there are plenty
of middle-aged people who don't mind motorcycles and long hair. And the sense
I got was that it was the motorcycle that convinced the neighborhood folks
Hawk was evil, not the hair. Motorcycles aren't exactly a fad, but
then, neither is long hair on guys some zany new concept.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 14th 05, 06:55 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-14, CatNipped penned:
Cute is nature's way of keeping young-uns of every species alive until
they learn enough sense to keep themselves alive!!! ;

That's what my dad says about babies =)

Old February 15th 05, 06:17 PM
PatM

Mischief wrote:
Here's the link http://www.flippyscatpage.com/heiyu.html

Behind with my reading, as usual. Thanks for the link...that was
hysterical!!!! LMAO!! PatM

Old February 15th 05, 06:40 PM
PatM

That's rich! But...OWWWIE!!

I've gotten in the habit of filling the bathroom sink with water when
I'm up there in the morning "making myself beautiful" (lolol!) and
letting my Punkers kitty drink her fill of water not polluted with
gag dog slobber. Then she sits on the counter and watches me with
her tail in the washbowl. Now, Punkin is a long-haired mackeral tabby
and that tail can soak up a LOT of water but she never seem to realize
what's going on until she goes to jump down. Boy is she mad! Glares
at her tail, then at me...I'm obviously the cause of her ignanamy!!
(well, I COULD have let the water out....) And meanwhile her tail is
furiously lashing water all over the bathroom! Drying her tail off
just adds insult to injury so I get a very cold shoulder until I go
give her a treat in the kitchen.grin! PatM

Old February 15th 05, 07:53 PM
CatNipped

"PatM" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's rich! But...OWWWIE!!

I've gotten in the habit of filling the bathroom sink with water when
I'm up there in the morning "making myself beautiful" (lolol!) and
letting my Punkers kitty drink her fill of water not polluted with
gag dog slobber. Then she sits on the counter and watches me with
her tail in the washbowl. Now, Punkin is a long-haired mackeral tabby
and that tail can soak up a LOT of water but she never seem to realize
what's going on until she goes to jump down. Boy is she mad! Glares
at her tail, then at me...I'm obviously the cause of her ignanamy!!
(well, I COULD have let the water out....) And meanwhile her tail is
furiously lashing water all over the bathroom! Drying her tail off
just adds insult to injury so I get a very cold shoulder until I go
give her a treat in the kitchen.grin! PatM

LOL! That reminds me of when Bandit was younger and used to sit on the side
of the tub. She'd let her tail hang down into the water and I guess the
temperature of the water was at the right setting that she didn't feel the
wet until she jumped down. Then all of a sudden her tail was *much* heavier
than it normally was.

Treats always manager to assuage hurt dignity! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oops..I lost my temper dammit mystro Cat health & behaviour 32 July 24th 05 05:40 AM
Um... oops? GraceCat Cat anecdotes 20 December 25th 04 07:40 PM
Oops TBird Cat anecdotes 3 October 29th 04 06:43 PM
LOL - Oops! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 73 September 9th 04 02:41 PM
Cats in the Pants (Snowball the Ragdoll's progress) OOPS! M Gordon Douglas Cat anecdotes 8 October 15th 03 09:00 PM