Xena + crystals

Old November 29th 03, 12:17 AM
andr0meda

Default Xena + crystals

Xena has crystals in urine
That means:
More antibiotics & prescription dry food (Hills S/D) + Science Diet tin
food.
Forget old favourite snacks.
The only treat remaining is VIP cat mince (laced with Noroclav).
I am quite determined to rid Xena of those crystals.
The GREAT thing is: she actually EATS the S/D diet.
More reports will follow. I LOVE my ^^, and I won't give up on her. She is
going to live till 40 if I can help it
Andr0

Old November 29th 03, 03:16 AM
afr

Hi andr0,

My guy george is getting over a bout with crystals. The vets emphasized
moist cat food for this issue.

Best,

ava

Old November 29th 03, 03:41 AM
Stacey

Sebastian's surgeon recommended adding a little bit of water to his wet
food. That seems to have worked best to keep the crystals away in addition
to diet (combo dry CD and CNM/UR in the morning, canned CD at night). The
last time he had a bout I added Methioform to his food. It's a pleasant
tasting acidifier. Sebastian's had a crystal problem since he was 1-1/2
years old and I (knock on wood) have it under control. He is 9 now.

Stacey

rg...

Old November 29th 03, 03:52 AM
andr0meda

Hi Ava,
Many thanks for your reply!
It really helps Yes, ours said the same about science diet.
Regards,
Andr0 & ^^

Old November 29th 03, 03:58 AM
andr0meda

WOW!
This makes me think that Xena might live till 40!!!!!!
Our Vet recommended adding a bit of chicken soup (or rather gelly from
chicken soup) to make Science Diet tastier. Xena doesn't think so. Congrats,
Sebastian!!!!!
Andr0 & Xena

hlink.net...

Old November 29th 03, 04:34 AM
Stacey

It is possible! Sebastian only blocked once, two years ago. That was when
I tried the IVD dry version of their FUS formula. He did fine on the
canned. Nothing else had changed. So it was back to the formula mentioned
below. He got put on the extra water in his food (so it is the consistency
of oatmeal or porridge--he thinks he's getting more food!) when he had some
many crystals the irritation caused polyps in his bladder. That was when he
was 3. He's been getting the little bit of water in his canned food ever
since.

Stacey

"andr0meda" wrote in message
WOW!
This makes me think that Xena might live till 40!!!!!!
Our Vet recommended adding a bit of chicken soup (or rather gelly from
chicken soup) to make Science Diet tastier. Xena doesn't think so.

Congrats,
Sebastian!!!!!
Andr0 & Xena

hlink.net...