black cats

Old April 21st 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default black cats

On Apr 21, 9:51 am, jmc wrote:

At the moment, she's reminding me that typing on the computer means I'm
not paying attention to her

jmc

I didn't know you had a black cat! for some reason I thought she was
more.. bengal looking

Old April 21st 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

After I had several Siamese cats that I adored in the 60's and 70's I got my
first black cat. I had seen a sleek black cat with a yellow collar running
across a lawn and never forgot the image.

I have had black cats ever since except for one tuxedo stray. My original 3
black cats were with me through their old ages and I now have a 4 year old
black cat that's my treasure.

Black cats are in a class by themselves!
--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old April 21st 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

When I adopted my black cat I was told by the shelter that black cats were
very difficult to adopt out....probably because of the bad PR that black
cats are bad luck or evil. What a bunch of hooey! Knowing that they are
difficult to adopt out is one more reason why I would adopt a black cat
again.

S.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
second without you.

I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Old April 21st 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Running Scissors

blkcatgal wrote:

When I adopted my black cat I was told by the shelter that black cats were
very difficult to adopt out....probably because of the bad PR that black
cats are bad luck or evil. What a bunch of hooey!

I wonder where that awful misconception came from.

Knowing that they are
difficult to adopt out is one more reason why I would adopt a black cat
again.

Ditto.

From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.

S.

Old April 21st 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
T[_3_]

In article ,
jmc wrote:

Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed
(21-Apr-07 8:47 AM):
I say a prayer to Sammy most every evening. It goes something like
this, " Sammy, if we are to live together for the next 15 years, I
want to die one second before you. I wont be able to bare living one
second without you.

I have had black cats for many many years... I dont know why, but they
are special to me. None more than my present 1 1/2 year old Sammy.

Meep is also a black cat, a moggie as her native British call her (DSH).
She'll be 11 next month. We have a very special bond, and she's a
great cat.

When I went to the Cats Protection League to look for a cat or kitten to
adopt, I had no intention on getting a black cat. Twelve week old Meep
had other ideas though, and decided that I was to take her home. I
wasn't left with much of a choice

Since then, she has traveled all over the world with us. She's not a
particularly brave cat, but that's OK with me.

At the moment, she's reminding me that typing on the computer means I'm
not paying attention to her

jmc

Emily died on election day of 2006. We'd had her for 14 years and she
was a very small black cat.

But her size wasn't an obstacle - she ruled the house. I miss her so
much.
Old April 21st 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sat 21 Apr 2007 03:46:48a, Meghan Noecker wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be
willing to send me one via email?

What about this one? I had fun searching for that description.

http://purrfectcatshelter.org:8080/i...lucky-2006.jpg

--
Cheryl

Old April 21st 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:19:21 GMT, Running Scissors
wrote:

From what I hear from black cat owners, they are smarter and more
affectionate than most other cats. I read somewhere that due to this
phenomenon, there was a theory that the smart/affectionate/vocal gene
was somehow attached to the black coloring gene.

My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I hadn't
met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
theory you posted was completely ridiculous.

--
Lynne

"We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly
We are brave enough to bend to cry
And sad enough to know
We must laugh again"

~ Nikki Giovanni, 4/17/2007, Virginia Tech
Old April 22nd 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sat 21 Apr 2007 03:46:48a, Meghan Noecker wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

Would anybody have a photo of a cat that matches this and be
willing to send me one via email?

What about this one? I had fun searching for that description.

http://purrfectcatshelter.org:8080/i...lucky-2006.jpg

Yes, it really sucks looking at cat pictures, doesn't it?!

Old April 22nd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote

My solid black cat, Lamonte, was quiet and mean. I adored him anyway.
Also, I wouldn't call him dumb, but he wasn't anywhere near as smart as my
Rudy (orange tabby). That's just my sample of one, of course. If I
hadn't
met and heard about so many insane torties/calicos, I would think the
theory you posted was completely ridiculous.

That is a hilarious name for this cat.

I had a crazy tortoiseshell too, she was a lilac cream longhair,
so lovely, so mean, so insane, so ... (dumb!)

But I loved her.

Old April 22nd 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:28:11 GMT, "cybercat"
wrote:

That is a hilarious name for this cat.

I named Lamonte after a friend. He is a very tall, very dark, very
handsome black man. He was tickled when I told him. Lamonte the cat was
a big boy, 20 lbs of pure muscle. And he had the greenest eyes. He was
stunning.

I had a crazy tortoiseshell too, she was a lilac cream longhair,
so lovely, so mean, so insane, so ... (dumb!)

Speaking of not so smart... my little baby Levi isn't very smart, I'm
afraid. If he wasn't so cute about it, I might be sad for him. I
couldn't love him anymore than I do, though, so it doesn't matter in the
end. He might actually be average intelligence-wise, but compared to
Rudy, they all seem a little dim.

But I loved her.

Of course!!