a message from Pam S.

Old September 22nd 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default a message from Pam S.

I just spoke to Pam on the phone, there is no health emergencies or anything
but her router has gone to the bridge from undetermined causes... she has
theories but isn't sure, she asked me to tell you she will be back when they
adopt and install a new router, Lee

Old October 1st 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Stormmee"
I just spoke to Pam on the phone, there is no health emergencies or
anything but her router has gone to the bridge from undetermined causes...
she has theories but isn't sure, she asked me to tell you she will be back
when they adopt and install a new router, Lee

Thanks Lee. I've been thinking about her and Rob, Mandy's wedding, and
Mike's move to here from there and wondering how he is adjusting to the
cold.
I've had the cats purring for all of them.
Kyla

Old October 1st 09, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

we had quite a long talk and so far things are at least stable no great
crisis to speak of, and of course we talked a lot about the cats, i am
thinking i will call her in a few days if she is not back by the weekend,
Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Stormmee"

Old October 5th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Stormmee" wrote in message
we had quite a long talk and so far things are at least stable no great
crisis to speak of, and of course we talked a lot about the cats, i am
thinking i will call her in a few days if she is not back by the weekend,
Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

I'm back, more or less. Our router fizzled out, taking the surge protector
with it. New surge protector and N router bought on Thursday. Did you know
that there are two types of routers? I bought an N as that was the only
Linskeys at Best Buy. Turns out that our old computers demand a G router.
I had to get Mandy's boyfriend's brother, the local technoweinie to trouble
shoot after the first router didn't work properly. We got a G router and
everything is working now. Our system is known as "the mowser." It works.

Rob has been having problems every now and then. He is more sensitive to
dilantin levels than anyone suspected. He's tough though. For now, he is
off chemo as his body needs a rest.

Mandy and Jim's wedding is still on. We need to get her shoes and tiara and
the bride's and matron's outfits are complete. The tiara she wants is
expensive, so we're going to get Jim to Robby sit and go on a tiara crawl.
They still need to buy the rings, invitations, unity candle, ring bearer's
pillow, bouquets, flower girl's basket and so on. we'll get there, I hope.
I still haven't got Rob or I taken care of, but that will happen.

Mike and Mandy Lynn got married on September 28th at a local court house.
The bride wore blue and they are blissfully happy. They are supposed to
send us a CD with their pictures and a video of the ceremony. It lasted 2
minutes according to Mike. I'll find a way to post them when I get the
copy.

I finally have a face book account. no page yet.

Lots of flu and allergy problems going around here right now. It has been
raining just enough to get the mold spores growing.

The cats are doing pretty good. We've had night temps in the forties F. so
the cats have been sleeping on our bed with Rob and me. The other night was
a five cat bed. Sonya and Miss Calico Girl were the only ones left out.
Sonya was outside in the kitty gaol, where she basks in whatever weather is
out there. MCG was in her proper place on Mandy's bed. Speedy was in the
hallway in front of Mandy's room. Life was normal, though crowded.

I really enjoyed talking to Lee. She has some of the greatest stories about
her masters. She also has a few about her hubby as well.

Pam S. glad to be back although there are about a thousand unread messages
in this group.

Old October 5th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

glad you are back, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

Old October 6th 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Me too. I missed everyone here.

Pam S.

"Stormmee" wrote in message
glad you are back, Lee

Old October 6th 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

I'm glad you're back too and happy about Mike and Mandy Lynn gettingt
married.
Did they get married here? I hope their happiness lasts.
And I'm sending purrs for Rob to improve.
Sounds like you have everything under control and if there is anything I can
do for you, please let me know.
Kyla

"Stormmee"
glad you are back, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"tanadashoes" ...

"Stormmee"

Old October 6th 09, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
westom

On Oct 4, 8:15 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
. Did you know that there are two types of routers? I bought an N as that
was the only Linskeys at Best Buy. Turns out that our old computers
demand a Grouter. I had to get Mandy's boyfriend's brother, the local
technoweinie to trouble shoot after the firstrouterdidn't work properly.

Type N routers are backwards compatible with type G just as type G
were backwards compatible with Type B. Type G are on the verge of
being phased out just like type B Wifi routers were obsoleted after
2000.

Routers cannot harm a protector. But a protector located too close
to a router can fail while earthing a surge destructively through that
router. Telcos put their protectors up to 50 meters separated from
their electronics so that does not happen. Separation is essential to
making a protector effective.

All telephone and coax cables have surge protection connected where
the wire enters a building. A protector too close to the router can
earth an AC mains surge to earth ground destructively via that router
and earthed cable. Router did not harm the protector. Protector
earth a surge destructively through the router.. Your failure is
common when a protector is too close to electronics.