Fatass to the vet!

Old July 13th 04, 02:20 PM
Bluesman

Default Fatass to the vet!

Ok, you have convinced me that 15 year old Fatass is in need of some
vet services.

So she is needing:

General checkup
Teeth cleaning (she had this done before - I assume it is needed
again)
Ear mite or whatever it is medicine
Dandruff issue
Fatass issue (fix her diet)

What else should I request or bring to the vet's attention? As bad as
it sounds, the cat is actually fairly healthy...

Thanks,

Bluesman
Old July 13th 04, 02:36 PM
kaeli

In article , hotblues20
@netscape.net enlightened us with...
Ok, you have convinced me that 15 year old Fatass is in need of some
vet services.

snip

What else should I request or bring to the vet's attention? As bad as
it sounds, the cat is actually fairly healthy...

Actually, I don't think it sounds bad at all. I think she's doing pretty
good for a 15 year old cat.
Cats a lot younger than her need mite medicine, teeth cleaning, and a
diet. *heh*

I can't think of anything else offhand, I just wanted to wish you and
her luck.

~kaeli~
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old July 13th 04, 03:02 PM
Karen

"Bluesman" wrote in message
om...
Ok, you have convinced me that 15 year old Fatass is in need of some
vet services.

So she is needing:

General checkup
Teeth cleaning (she had this done before - I assume it is needed
again)
Ear mite or whatever it is medicine
Dandruff issue
Fatass issue (fix her diet)

What else should I request or bring to the vet's attention? As bad as
it sounds, the cat is actually fairly healthy...

Thanks,

Bluesman

They will check her teeth. Sometimes, believe it or not, they don't need it
even at that age, so have them checked, but she might not need the full
cleaning. You'll just have to see. I'm just excited that she is getting a
check up. May I suggest you call her by a nickname like Fanny instead of
Fat*ss, just because little cats have esteem issues too. It might help her
out.

Old July 13th 04, 09:05 PM
jamie

Bluesman wrote:
Dandruff issue
Fatass issue (fix her diet)

The dandruff might be due to diet. When my cats were on Science diet
dry and a little overweight, any time I tried switching them to light
or senior versions, they both got bad dander after a few weeks. The
dander went away after they were back on the regular for a while.

They also appeared to *gain* weight on the lite/senior instead of
losing -- I didn't have a scale, but they looked rounder -- and lose
some weight again when returned to the regular food.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old July 14th 04, 01:12 AM
Wendy

"jamie" wrote in message
Bluesman wrote:
Dandruff issue
Fatass issue (fix her diet)

The dandruff might be due to diet. When my cats were on Science diet
dry and a little overweight, any time I tried switching them to light
or senior versions, they both got bad dander after a few weeks. The
dander went away after they were back on the regular for a while.

They also appeared to *gain* weight on the lite/senior instead of
losing -- I didn't have a scale, but they looked rounder -- and lose
some weight again when returned to the regular food.

--
jamie )

I've had the same thing happen with my TIgger. She always seems to gain
weight on the light foods in spite of the fact that she's consuming fewer
calories. I'm not sure about Isabelle. She looks like she might actually be
losing a little on the lite.

Old July 14th 04, 01:52 PM
Bluesman

Bluesman

They will check her teeth. Sometimes, believe it or not, they don't need it
even at that age, so have them checked, but she might not need the full
cleaning. You'll just have to see. I'm just excited that she is getting a
check up. May I suggest you call her by a nickname like Fanny instead of
Fat*ss, just because little cats have esteem issues too. It might help her
out.

Hmmm, nickname...I have a few of those. Let's see:

Super Fats
Fatty Big Fatty
Hairball

All said with love :-)

Somehow Fatass seems to be the most palatable. I just want to see the
medicine bottle that says "Fatass" on it.

Thanks,

Bluesman