Potjie's foreverhome

Old February 5th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Potjie's foreverhome

Tish has reported in. The trip interstate with Potjie (previosuly known as
'Jet') was uneventful, and it was obvious as soon as they saw each other
that Potjie and her father were meant for each other. Potjie has already
settled into his foreverhome, gave the d*g a talking to about who's boss
(the dog quickly worked out his place in life) and set out making himself at
home. He is already chasing mowsies around the place, vacuuming up food, and
living the royal life. His coat, which was groomed, is all nice and shiney
and he's filling out nicely.

What a difference to the scruffy burr & matt filled cat that lived under my
parent's house that was so intent on surviving he had forgotten how to play!

Tish is of course sad to leave Potjie as I was having to let go of Jet. But
its quite clear to both of us that we've done the right thing both by
Potjie/Jet and her father. Potjie has found his forever home, and George
(Tish's father) has found another feline master to run his life. It would
have only been selfishness to have kept Potjie for ourselves rather than
letting him find his true place in life,and it would have been unfair to
deny a catslave a proper feline master just because we also wanted the
pleasure of his company.

We're sure we did the right thing by both of them, and although we're sad
for ourselves, we're also happy that George & Potjie finally have each
other.

Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, and Goerge will join RPCA to regale
us with Potjie tales.

Yowie

Old February 5th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

that's a lovely happy ending for jet!1 now if i can just find a home like
that for my two.....

Old February 5th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:
Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, and Goerge will join RPCA to regale
us with Potjie tales.

Yay!!! I *love* happy endings...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 5th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

We're sure we did the right thing by both of them, and although we're sad
for ourselves, we're also happy that George & Potjie finally have each
other.

Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, and Goerge will join RPCA to regale
us with Potjie tales.

Such a bittersweet ending to Potjie's adventures. You and Tish did a
good thing, and I'm sure your current masters were happy to see him go.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 5th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes doing the right thing can be painful, but it helps to be able to
see immediately that it obviously *was* the right thing.

Good for both of you!

Joy

Old February 5th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote in message

Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, and Goerge will join RPCA to

regale
us with Potjie tales.

Yowie

Excellent news!

Jeanette

Old February 5th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 15:07:46 +1100, Yowie wrote:

[...]

How is that name pronounced? Purrs for him to love his home. MLB

Old February 6th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

Tish has reported in. The trip interstate with Potjie (previosuly known as
'Jet') was uneventful, and it was obvious as soon as they saw each other
that Potjie and her father were meant for each other. Potjie has already
settled into his foreverhome, gave the d*g a talking to about who's boss
(the dog quickly worked out his place in life) and set out making himself at
home. snip
Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, and Goerge will join RPCA to regale
us with Potjie tales.

Yowie

What a great happy ending!
Very much looking forward to the pics and the tales,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 10th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Potjie's foreverhome - update

Hi All,

I spoke to my father a couple of days ago and Potjie (pronounced
Poy-key) is doing really well and setting about training my father and
his elderly d*g (she's 11). My father, sensibly, has decided to keep
Potjie as an indoors-only cat, which will not only help the local
wildlife, but will also make caring for Potjie's coat much easier.

Potjie has apparently got it into his head that he *has* to be fed at
4am and Dad, the silly bugger, has caved. I don't know if this is
going to be a regular thing, but cats being cats, I suspect that it
will become part of the routine.

It's really good to see him happy and relaxed. Our pair are also much
more relaxed without him about the place.

Tish
Old February 10th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
Hi All,

I spoke to my father a couple of days ago and Potjie (pronounced
Poy-key) is doing really well and setting about training my father and
his elderly d*g (she's 11). My father, sensibly, has decided to keep
Potjie as an indoors-only cat, which will not only help the local
wildlife, but will also make caring for Potjie's coat much easier.

Potjie has apparently got it into his head that he *has* to be fed at
4am and Dad, the silly bugger, has caved. I don't know if this is
going to be a regular thing, but cats being cats, I suspect that it
will become part of the routine.

It's really good to see him happy and relaxed. Our pair are also much
more relaxed without him about the place.

Tish

Obviously it didn't take long at all to get him trained. Your father, that
is. ;-) I'm glad it's working out so well.

Joy