Rat Poison in food recalled according to local news

Old March 31st 07, 12:35 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

Default Rat Poison in food recalled according to local news

"Cory" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 23, 10:14 am, (krazy) wrote:
According to the local news there was rat poison found in some of the
recalled pet foods. They did not have the specifics yet but said they
would
have more on the evening news.

NOW the media reports that it WASN'T rat poison that was found in the
contaminated food. It was a chemical used to make plastics.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17870750/

I seriously do not know WHAT to think anymore. Are they trying to
gaslight us or WTH??

--- Cory

Until they get all sorted out, the best thing you can do is to feed your
cats human food....I recommend chopped, roasted whole chickens....You can
find them on sale for about 69 cents a pound, so that makes them as cheap as
cat food, and you can be pretty sure they aren't contaminated with
poison.....Let's put it this way, you can eat some of it yourself, so if it
doesn't make you sick, it won't make your cats sick. And, if there is some
supplement that your cat needs, (as was suggested to me by someone else on
this list) then buy that substance from your local vet and add it to the
food. (but make sure it doesn't come from M.F. or from China.)

Old March 31st 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Upscale

"William Graham" wrote in message
And who the hell are you, "Upscale?" - Your creditability is shot before

you
get off the ground, because you post under an assumed pseudonym, and

e-mail
address.....Usenet is full of idiots like you who hide their true

identities

Yes, you did assume didn't you? I haven't hidden a damned thing. If you were
half as intelligent as you portray yourself to be, you'd have done a simple
search on my email address. You'd have easily been able to verify that my
email address is a full true working one, (the only one I have) as well as
what my name is, not that it would make any difference in what I've said to
you.

University of Santa Clara in California, and I worked as an Engineer for

30
years for Stanford University. Everything I say on usenet (or anywhere
else) is something I have learned from education and/or experience.

Considering how you've laid out your credentials, can we also assume you
forgot to mention your doctorate in veterinary practice and a Cordon Bleu
education in the cooking arts, specializing in cheeses?

To put this thread on topic, you've spent 90% of your time in this newgroup
ranting about the contaminated pet food, what should have been done and
summarily declared judgement on how Menu Food's management should have
executed. All of it without a shred of verifiable fact to back yourself up.
The truth is still emerging and has yet to be fully discerned, yet you
bluster on like what you what you have to say is unalterable fact.

If that's not you ranting, then I don't know what is.

Old March 31st 07, 07:50 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cory

On Mar 30, 10:09 pm, John Ross Mc Master
wrote:
snip...
Hoomin note: You set your followup to alt.cats so it got crossposted
anyways.

No offense intended to Fred at all, but it needs to be cross-posted.
The way I see it, we're all cat-lovers who are in this thing
together. We need to be able to put aside the petty bickering about
meowchat (you know who you are) for a while so that we can ALL get
the best, most recent information that is out there ASAP, for the sake
of our furkids!

JM2CW...

And by the way... "Hill's Pet Nutrition recalled its Prescription Diet
m/d Feline dry cat food." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17870750/

--- Cory

Old March 31st 07, 08:02 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Upscale" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
And who the hell are you, "Upscale?" - Your creditability is shot before

you
get off the ground, because you post under an assumed pseudonym, and

e-mail
address.....Usenet is full of idiots like you who hide their true

identities

Yes, you did assume didn't you? I haven't hidden a damned thing. If you
were
half as intelligent as you portray yourself to be, you'd have done a
simple
search on my email address. You'd have easily been able to verify that my
email address is a full true working one,

.....But you're still an illogical idiot.......

(the only one I have) as well as
what my name is, not that it would make any difference in what I've said
you.

University of Santa Clara in California, and I worked as an Engineer for

30
years for Stanford University. Everything I say on usenet (or anywhere
else) is something I have learned from education and/or experience.

Considering how you've laid out your credentials, can we also assume you
forgot to mention your doctorate in veterinary practice and a Cordon Bleu
education in the cooking arts, specializing in cheeses?

Nope....I've just been eating them for 50 years or more.....

To put this thread on topic, you've spent 90% of your time in this
newgroup
ranting about the contaminated pet food,

More like 10%......I've been in the newsgroup only about 3 months.

what should have been done and
summarily declared judgement on how Menu Food's management should have
executed. All of it without a shred of verifiable fact to back yourself
up.

Well, a bunch of dead cats is evidence of something, isn't it?

The truth is still emerging and has yet to be fully discerned, yet you
bluster on like what you what you have to say is unalterable fact.

I've made no claims of "unalteraqble fact", as you could easily verify had
you read my posts......

If that's not you ranting, then I don't know what is.

The operable phrase here is, "I don't know".

Old March 31st 07, 09:15 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Upscale" wrote in message

Yes, by now everybody has realized fully that you don't know.

Speak for yourself, "Upscale". You are not at all qualified to speak for
"everybody"........

Old March 31st 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cory

On Mar 31, 2:15 am, "William Graham" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

Yes, by now everybody has realized fully that you don't know.

Speak for yourself, "Upscale". You are not at all qualified to speak for
"everybody"........

You two want to take this juvenile garbage to somewhere more
appropriate... say... your nearest sandbox, please??

--- Cory

Old March 31st 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Tanada

"Cory" wrote in message
oups.com...

You two want to take this juvenile garbage to somewhere more
appropriate... say... your nearest sandbox, please??

Thank you Cory. I'm ready to add these two to a growing killfile.

Pam S. who'd like to read about cats

Old March 31st 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ernie

"Cory" wrote in message
oups.com...

You two want to take this juvenile garbage to somewhere more
appropriate... say... your nearest sandbox, please??

Hit the road Cory-the-Asswipe. Disputes are
part & parcel of Usenet. If you don't like what you see,
don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Old March 31st 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ernie

"Tanada" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Thank you Cory. I'm ready to add these two to a growing killfile.

Pam S. who'd like to read about cats

Same for you, Tanada-the-Fruit. Instead of whining and
****ing your pants, if you don't like what you see, then
do what you said and shut the **** up! Disagreements are,
and always have been, part of the Usenet culture.

Don't let the door hit your ass either on the way out!