OT School shooting

Old November 8th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default OT School shooting

I can't believe something like this could happen in Finland. Sorry about
the very long link:

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/BREAKING+NEWS+Eight+killed+in+school+shooting+in+J okela+north+of+Helsinki+gunman+in+critical+conditi on/1135231614979

Purrs to everyone involved, especially the parents of the pupils who
were killed.

Old November 8th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

A more manageable link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7084045.stm

Old November 8th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

I can't believe something like this could happen in Finland. Sorry about
the very long link:

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/BREAKING+NEWS+Eight+killed+in+school+shooting+in+J okela+north+of+Helsinki+gunman+in+critical+conditi on/1135231614979

I thought of you and Christine today when I heard about this on the
news. Sadly, this kind of violence is all too common in the US,
but the news reporter said that this is the first time this kind of
shooting has ever happened in Finland's history. I'm so sorry that
you have now experienced it.

Purrs for everyone affected,

Joyce
Old November 8th 07, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Marina" wrote

I can't believe something like this could happen in Finland. Sorry about
the very long link:

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/BREAKING+NEWS+Eight+killed+in+school+shooting+in+J okela+north+of+Helsinki+gunman+in+critical+conditi on/1135231614979

Purrs to everyone involved, especially the parents of the pupils who were
killed.

Shocking indeed, especially in such a comparatively peaceful land as yours.
I wonder if your legislature will adopt the standard knee-jerk reaction of
depriving the citizenry of all handguns, as happened here in the UK after
Dunblane?

In the meantime, major purrs for the bereaved, plus the family of the
assassin who will doubtless live the rest of their lives with an element of
guilt

Gordon & the FF

Old November 8th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
I can't believe something like this could happen in Finland. Sorry
about the very long link:

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/BREAKING+NEWS+Eight+killed+in+school+shooting+in+J okela+north+of+Helsinki+gunman+in+critical+conditi on/1135231614979

Purrs to everyone involved, especially the parents of the pupils who
were killed.

I was shocked and saddend when I saw the news yesterday, purrs for all
affected.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 8th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

So very, very sad for these families and the other students at the school.
Purrayers sent.
Christine

Old November 8th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Purrs to everyone involved, especially the parents of the pupils who
were killed.

Very tragic indeed.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 8th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:

A more manageable link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7084045.stm

Also available here http://www.yle.fi/news/

There's been chain emails and sms's to commemorate the victims by
lighting a candle in the window at 18.00 hrs / 6 pm. I know I will light
one. Just have to keep the fuzzbutts from burning any whiskers or tails.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old November 8th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Marina kirjoitti:
I can't believe something like this could happen in Finland. Sorry about
the very long link:

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/BREAKING+NEWS+Eight+killed+in+school+shooting+in+J okela+north+of+Helsinki+gunman+in+critical+conditi on/1135231614979

Purrs to everyone involved, especially the parents of the pupils who
were killed.

When I'd sent the sms I mentioned elsewhere in the thread on to family
and friends, my mother's youngest sister who is 10 years older than me
sent me a reply. Her husband has a son from a previous marriage, and
this son's daughters both attend that very school. One of the daughters
was there when it all happened, but thankfully she was not harmed. That
was a close call tho...

Old November 8th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K. wrote:
Also available here http://www.yle.fi/news/

There's been chain emails and sms's to commemorate the victims by
lighting a candle in the window at 18.00 hrs / 6 pm. I know I will light
one. Just have to keep the fuzzbutts from burning any whiskers or tails.

I'll light one, too.

Minn. school principal who shot kittens on school property resigns stonej Cat health & behaviour 0 October 15th 06 04:19 PM
Shooting surviving pets ? Nanny Cat anecdotes 1 September 4th 05 09:55 AM
Shooting surviving pets ? Charlie Wilkes Cat health & behaviour 0 September 4th 05 09:55 AM
The Latest Shooting Pat Cat anecdotes 15 April 6th 05 12:09 AM
OT-Shooting Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 172 December 29th 04 07:47 PM