Is this newsgroup shutting down?

Old May 8th 14, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

Default Is this newsgroup shutting down?

In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

Old May 9th 14, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/8/2014 2:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I've seen a number of posts every day, many of them directly related to
cats.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old May 9th 14, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/8/2014 5:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I have been busy with other things the last few days so I haven't read
or posted anything. It's not very exciting for me to post that Persia
is taking a nap. She does that all the time.

I really don't see all those posts that seem to bother you.

Jill
Old May 9th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 08 May 2014 17:16:07 -0700, The Other Guy
wrote:

On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:22:17 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 5/8/2014 2:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I've seen a number of posts every day, many of them directly related to
cats.

Using a GOOD news service (something OTHER than GoogleGroups)
will result is far less garbage, and better content.

That doesn't change the fact that there have been very few posts. Even
Mark Edwards has disappeared.
Old May 9th 14, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:22:17 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 5/8/2014 2:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I've seen a number of posts every day, many of them directly related to
cats.

Using a GOOD news service (something OTHER than GoogleGroups)
will result is far less garbage, and better content.

That doesn't change the fact that there have been very few posts. Even
Mark Edwards has disappeared.

One of the last posts I saw from Mark indicated he had met a nice lady
and was spending time with her (and her son?). Real life has a way of
intruding.

Jill
Old May 9th 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
On 5/8/2014 5:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I have been busy with other things the last few days so I haven't read
or posted anything. It's not very exciting for me to post that Persia
is taking a nap. She does that all the time.

I really don't see all those posts that seem to bother you.

Jill

I SEE them, but it's easy enough to skip over the "sender" when I know
it's another irrelevant post. (I got tired of trying to kill-file the
political moron who keeps changing its name and using Russian and Greek
alphabets, but its numerous addresses are easy to recognize and avoid.)
Old May 10th 14, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote:

On Thu, 08 May 2014 16:22:17 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 5/8/2014 2:33 PM, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,
possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

I've seen a number of posts every day, many of them directly related to
cats.

Using a GOOD news service (something OTHER than GoogleGroups)
will result is far less garbage, and better content.

That doesn't change the fact that there have been very few posts. Even
Mark Edwards has disappeared.

That is the way the group is been times over these many year that the
group had only one or two post a week or month than hundreds the next. News
groups have died social media drowns it out now.

As for me, I met someone 18 months ago. I asked her to marry me last week
our wedding date is June of next year. She has a beautiful young daughter
that now calls me dad. She watched her dad die slowly of cancer 7 years ago
and she has not attached to or dealt with any male figure until me.

I have lost 211 pounds I am with in 50 pounds of my goal. From a 7xl down to
a 2xl. Shirts from a 24 down to a 18.5. I feel fantastic. I plan on
entering my first 5k marathon here soon.

I just started into a new business of security. So I am at home every night
with them and my daughter has the feeling of being safe that her dad is home
when she goes to sleep at night.

So many of us may be caught up in life I just sat down for a few minutes to
the computer and said let me look at the news group today than saw this post

Have a great day everyone,
)o( Matthew

Old May 10th 14, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack G.

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:33:05 PM UTC-7, Robert Catt wrote:
In the past few days I've only seen one post here at

rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. I was beginning to think it's closing down,

possibly because of so many non-relevant posts in recent months.

There are hundreds of us cat loves who will read the posts but do not have anything new to add.

Old May 10th 14, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

Congratulations, Matthew! You are doing very well indeed, what with
your engagement, a new daughter and your weight loss. The first two
sound delightful, and the last sounds very difficult, which makes it
even more gratifying an achievement! As my Aussie friends would say,
Good onya!

Joy

Old May 11th 14, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 10 May 2014 19:44:35 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
If you love cats there's always something to talk about. It may be your
car or cat you've known, a book about cats you've read or a cat you see in
the street. We love to hear about cats. Just add something or respond to a
post that interested you.

I'm pretty sure I'll always be here, checking in and chuckling at all our
little kitty antics.