Good news here, too! (longish as usual)

Old September 21st 03, 03:55 AM
Karen

Default Good news here, too! (longish as usual)

in article , Christine Burel at
wrote on 9/20/03 9:04 PM:

First of all, many thanks to all of you who sent purrs for Arne, the border
collie/heeler mix that we were hoping would find a home with one of
Celeste's classmates. The classmate part didn't work out butCeleste had her
first Junior Animal Humane Association meeting today and asked the director
about Arne...the good news is that Arne was adopted by someone in Denver
(not sure how this works but apparently he was transferred to the shelter up
there) and now has a home! I am positive that all the purrs on his behalf
made the difference for him, so thank you all very much!

Then, we've been putting Midnight, Omar & Oreo up in our bedroom about once
a day while I let Tucker have time to explore around the house with his
buddy Robin. That's been going on about 2 weeks now. The past few days
I've let Tucker come out with Robin and Midnight (with Omar & Oreo) for a
short while. It's a little more tricky and the cat treats have been flowing
copiously during these forays.(Still having some inappropriate peeing issues
with Midnight -- just ordered more Feliway). Today being Saturday, I let
those 3 kitties out for a short while this morning and then late this
afternoon I was going to do it again. I noticed, however, that Omar and
Oreo were both asleep in the kitchen, Oreo on my chair cushion and Omar on
an empty shelf on a plastic cart that I keep some of the veggies in. I got
my welding gloves and a towel handy and just decided to try and see what
would happen if I let them all out very briefly together. Now, I'm not
going to say hearts and flowers fell from the ceiling 'cause it wasn't that
easy, but it went much better than I expected, which was quite encouraging.
Oreo's eyes got huge and she hissed from her safe spot on the chair; Omar
was NOT amused and growled a bit and hissed a bit but I was able to distract
him a bit with some dry food. (Omar loves his dry food but usually only gets
a small amount with his Cosequin). Turns out my timing was very opportune as
all the cats were hungry and lo and behold I managed for a short while to
have all 5 kitties "breaking kibble" together in the kitchen at the same
time. Tucker was out with everyone for about 30 minutes total. Just wanted
to share!

Great! Every step forward is good no matter how small.

Karen

Old September 21st 03, 04:12 AM
Brenda

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
[...]

sounds like they'll all be pals in the not too distant future.
Brenda

Old September 21st 03, 05:15 AM
Steve Touchstone

Glad to hear things are going so well.

Old September 21st 03, 05:44 AM
Marina

Yay about Arne, and good luck to him and his new family. Sounds like a good
development with Tucker, too, though it will still obviously take some time.
I can't praise you enough for all the work you have put into Tucker. So
happy for you all. More purrs coming over.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 21st 03, 05:50 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Christine Burel wrote:
have all 5 kitties "breaking kibble" together in the kitchen at the same
time. Tucker was out with everyone for about 30 minutes total. Just wanted
to share!

Great news! Let's hope everybody learns to get along real soon. Keep us
posted.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 21st 03, 09:41 PM
polonca12000

Wonderful news! I'm so happy!
Continued purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
snipthe good news is that Arne was adopted by someone in Denver
(not sure how this works but apparently he was transferred to the shelter

up
there) and now has a home! snip Turns out my timing was very opportune