Minnie gets a new home!

Old August 4th 04, 09:00 AM
jmcquown

Default Minnie gets a new home!

awwwwww, crying for breaking up the fearsome foursome! But purrs for a good
home for Minnie

Jill

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
After the one lady that said she planned to declaw, I declined to
adopt Minnie to her (offered her Smokey instead, but Smokey is a
10-year-old mostly toothless shed-o-matic anti-social she-b1tch, so
she declined that).

Another applicant from Greenwood (just south of Indy) emailed me.
She was moving at the end of July, and wanted to wait until she was
all moved to get her. She came down to visit her one Friday, and of
course, Minnie played shy while her sibling were all over her. So we
brought out a tassel toy and ended up enticing Minnie over to her,
and Minnie got so into the playing, she forgot to be afraid of this
'stranger'. Minnie's new owner is in Nursing/med school, and is from
Valparaiso (IN), where she worked for her Mom's cat's vet while in
high school. She hasn't has a cat of her own since she moved out of
her Mom's house 3+/- years ago, but is looking forward to coming down
here and taking Minnie home. She didn't flinch at all regarding the
adoption fee, and said that it's a bargain considering most shelter
cats/kittens are not handled very much, live in a cage, and end up
not being very social with humans. Same goes for pet store kitties -
and they cost more & don't get the love & attention (not to mention
medical attention) that a 'foster' gets. I can tell she's been
looking around for a while to find just the right kitty.

Bad thing is that we've become attached to ALL of the FF, and DH says
to tell her that Minnie is no longer available - or that the adoption
fee is $60,000 instead of $60.... ANYTHING to keep Minnie. I think
he's nuts. I will miss her, but I feel that Laura (her new owner)
will provide a good an loving home, judging by the way that she
played with ALL the cats when she was here. I did make up a gift bag
that has some toys, a couple cans of kitten food & a couple bags of
sample kitten chow from TED, and a gift card from PetsMart ($30, half
the adoption fee) so she can buy more goodies for her new
baby/master-to-be.

Laura emailed me yesterday, is all settled in her new townhouse (she
mentioned her bedroom window has a roomy sill/seat, and overlooks a
tree with lotsa birdies in it), and that her last class/test for the
semester is on Thursday, and will hopefully be over before 10am, and
that she would like to come down & get her then. I told her that it
is fine with me, but DH will probably be crying bcg. She told me
she would too if she were in that position (giving away a pet). I
really think Minnie will be happy & treated like the princess she has
the potential to be. DH & I have both stressed that if, for any
reason and at any time (even a few years from now), she cannot keep
Minnie, that we will gladly take her back. She said that she was
looking for a cat to keep, not just have for a while. She explained
that her Mom's cat had passed away last year from old age, and it was
a cat that she grew up with. Even though her Mom doesn't really want
another cat, Laura does, so she's getting Minnie, and her Mom says
that Minnie is welcome in her house any time! (Methinks Mom will end
up getting another cat after Minnie visits once or twice, and Mom
sees what she's missing)

Purrs for Minnie to have a happy home!

Old August 4th 04, 09:14 AM
Jeanette