It's too nippy

Old December 14th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default It's too nippy

It was -4C last night and Boyfie refused to go out all day to toilet
himself. I pushed him out at 3pm but he came back immediately claiming it
was far too cold.
Eventually he went out at 10pm and I expected him back very soon. It almost
as cold tonight. but no. He was out until midnight (just now) and I
stayed up for him.
That's the last time he claims it's far too cold.
Now I'm off to bed. Night night

Old December 15th 14, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
It was -4C last night and Boyfie refused to go out all day to toilet
himself. I pushed him out at 3pm but he came back immediately claiming
it
was far too cold.
Eventually he went out at 10pm and I expected him back very soon. It
almost
as cold tonight. but no. He was out until midnight (just now) and I
stayed up for him.
That's the last time he claims it's far too cold.
Now I'm off to bed. Night night

He must have found something very interesting because it was bitterly cold
last night.

He probably needs to check all around his territory, rubbing his cheeks on
all available trees and shrubs to mark it, and there are lots of them.

Has he been out much today, I'm assuming it's raining where
you are too.

Yes we had rain. Quite a bit of it. Boyfie didn't go out much at all - he
hates rain.

Sootie only went out a couple of times yesterday and then only for a
little while and only sat on the step outside the patio door. (Well after
she'd done what a cat has to do.)

It's been raining a lot today so she still hasn't been out much but she's
gone out now and wondered off somewhere even though it's raining.

Boyfie would almost rather cross his legs for 24 hours than go out in the
rain. Frost & snow he can do if he is forced to, but rain, no way Jose.
Never. He admires Sootie for her bravery (but thinks that as she has a
liiterbox which she will use if she has to, unlike himself who has one fully
charged with earth for emergencies and says absolutely not, it's not a
sensible thing to do) ;-)
When he was at the vet's, it was a real problem for them. He had a l.b (with
cat litter in) in his cage. He weed and pooed on his bed. I suggested they
change the litter for soil (earth) and then he weed in it, but still pooed
on his bed. When I had to keep him inside home during recovery, he would use
a box with soil in for urine providing I put it beside the back door where
he was asking to go out. He totally refused to use it for pooing in and did
it in the bath. He had two boxes of earth, one in the bathroom which he
ignored before stepping into the bath. Don't ask me why, I don't have a
clue.
I never told him off about it because it's easy to clean up.

But why? Kitty Farmcat was far older than him, and had been far more feral
when she had to use a litterbox, when she began to get confused she took to
it immediately with cat litter in and used it for both.
Boyfie says no to any sort of litter box for pooing in. Even if he is in a
small cage at the vet and has to do it on his bed. I have no idea why at
all.