Speaking of rubber bands....

Old March 20th 04, 01:32 AM
jmcquown

Default Speaking of rubber bands....

I ordered some shoes and when they arrived there were big rubber bands
wrapped around the shoe-boxes, crosswise and lengthwise, to keep the lids on
in transit. I checked to make sure the shoes fit, then put them back in the
boxes and put the rubber bands around them again. Stacked the boxes in my
bedroom.

I'm sitting in the living room when suddenly here comes Persia, pulling one
of the boxes of shoes into the living room by the rubber bands! I nearly
fell off the couch!! Goofy cat

Jill

Old March 20th 04, 01:16 PM
jmcquown

Christine Burel wrote:
I can just imagine the picture...LOL!
Christine

I wish I'd had my digital camera handy! Unfortunately, whenever she does
something totally cute like this, the battery is in the charger and the
camera doesn't have a diskette in it (sigh).

Jill

.. .

Old March 20th 04, 04:50 PM
polonca12000

Too funny!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
snip I'm sitting in the living room when suddenly here comes Persia,

Old March 21st 04, 02:23 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Speaking of rubber bands....:

I wish I'd had my digital camera handy! Unfortunately, whenever she does
something totally cute like this, the battery is in the charger and the
camera doesn't have a diskette in it (sigh).

You're just going to have to start keeping a diskette in the camera
and get a second battery so you can swap them as needed. :-)
Old March 21st 04, 02:39 AM
JoJo

I'm new to the group, and please do not think I am flaming you as that is
not my intention. Just a word of warning - not sure if your cats are
"chewers" but a few of mine are. I've caught one on more than one occassion
chowing down on a rubber band. There are other times I didn't catch him and
he luckily vomitted the band up. Then there was the time he somehow at the
plastic safety seal off of something - that time required two exploratory
surgeries and a feeding tube! Please just be careful so the same doesn't
happen!

.. .

Old March 21st 04, 02:54 AM
JP Hobbs

I kept a couple of stuffed animals on the window ledge in the Babies
room,[ I used to foster them] Wilson decided if the babies weren't
using them any more he would lay claim to his choice,he kept getting
it off the ledge and bringing into the lounge, every time I replaced it
It would appear in the lounge again, I gave up in the and put it with
his other toys since when he's never bothered with it, I guess its now
where he wanted it to be. Jean P.

.. .

Old March 21st 04, 06:18 PM
Tanada

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Speaking of rubber bands....:

I wish I'd had my digital camera handy! Unfortunately, whenever she does
something totally cute like this, the battery is in the charger and the
camera doesn't have a diskette in it (sigh).

You're just going to have to start keeping a diskette in the camera
and get a second battery so you can swap them as needed. :-)

Then Persia won't do ANY thing cute.

Pam S.

Old March 21st 04, 06:20 PM
Tanada

JoJo wrote:

I'm new to the group, and please do not think I am flaming you as that is
not my intention. Just a word of warning - not sure if your cats are
"chewers" but a few of mine are. I've caught one on more than one occassion
chowing down on a rubber band. There are other times I didn't catch him and
he luckily vomitted the band up. Then there was the time he somehow at the
plastic safety seal off of something - that time required two exploratory
surgeries and a feeding tube! Please just be careful so the same doesn't
happen!

Thank you for the warning and welcome to the group. While most of us
are aware of the dangers of rubber band chewing, there are some who may
not be.

Tell us all about yourself and your kitty owners, please. I'm sure your
stories will be welcome here.

Pam S. owned by the NC nine

Old March 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
JoJo

Thanks for the welcome. My "children" consist of 3 dogs and 7 cats. Lost
my oldest two recently, one in July, one a few weeks ago. When I lost my
buddy (Tyrone) in July I started fostering for local shelters, my cat
population grew as well. Went from four to seven.

The one that ate the safety seal was named Z. Cat ate everything, he was
a big boy - 22 pounds, favorite food was cantalope. He also had a nack for
chewing things he shouldn't have - shoelaces, yarn, rubber bands and the
infamous safety seal. He was a giant lapcat. I miss him and Tyrone,
although the new additions do keep my mind occupied.

Currently fostering a mother that just gave birth on Thursday. Four tiny
little babies.

I just started my own website. It's still a work in progress and don't
have everyone's pictures added yet. Plan to add three more pages to what's
there. I started it for my fosters - hoping people from my area will see it
and be interested in adopting one. Of course I had to add my own as well
Please feel free to visit

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Tanada" wrote in message