Speaking of rubber bands....

Old March 22nd 04, 01:52 AM

JoJo wrote:

I was sick over the whole incident with Z eating
the safety seal, I thought I was going to lose him over it

The safety seal for what? Did he get sick from what was inside a bottle
or jug of something?

I keep all the household toxic stuff in a cabinet with a childproof
latch on it - appears to be catproof too (hopefully - it's always kept
R & S from getting in there, we'll have to see how well Licky does at
latch-picking).

Joyce
Old March 22nd 04, 04:21 AM
Marina

"JoJo" wrote
Thanks for the welcome. My "children" consist of 3 dogs and 7 cats.

Lost
my oldest two recently, one in July, one a few weeks ago. When I lost my
buddy (Tyrone) in July I started fostering for local shelters, my cat
population grew as well. Went from four to seven.

The one that ate the safety seal was named Z. Cat ate everything, he

was
a big boy - 22 pounds, favorite food was cantalope. He also had a nack

for
chewing things he shouldn't have - shoelaces, yarn, rubber bands and the
infamous safety seal. He was a giant lapcat. I miss him and Tyrone,
although the new additions do keep my mind occupied.

Currently fostering a mother that just gave birth on Thursday. Four

tiny
little babies.

I just started my own website. It's still a work in progress and don't
have everyone's pictures added yet. Plan to add three more pages to

what's
there. I started it for my fosters - hoping people from my area will see

it
and be interested in adopting one. Of course I had to add my own as well

Please feel free to visit

Lovely critters! I like the way Angel the d*g takes the "pretty kitty"
position. ;o) So sorry to hear about your recent losses.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 22nd 04, 07:52 AM

JoJo wrote:

Actually we think Tyrone had some Maine Coon in him, he was 20 pounds at
one time. And furry. I saved some of his hair (Z's too). Is that
sick/unusual? Oh well, I'll be ready for the funny farm one day I'm
sure. hahaha.

I guess you didn't see my post from just a day or two ago, admitting that
I save one of my cat's fur in a baggie, in the hopes of getting someone
to spin yarn from it. I have 3 cats, but two are short-haired and brushing
them doesn't yield much fur. The other cat is a longhair, though, and
I can get gobs of the stuff from brushing her.

Here are some pics (oldtimers, I'm sure you've seen these many times):

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/cats.html

Joyce
Old March 22nd 04, 07:31 PM
JoJo

Thank God I'm not alone! Ty had fairly long hair, the last week I
brushed and combed him a lot because I knew what was coming. I asked the
vet tech to clip some off of Z for me - I didn't trust myself w/a pair of
scissors.

I love the pics of your cats - you have a Licorice too? Mine isn't part
of the family yet - meaning has not been formally adopted. She's still a
foster at this time. Today she actually ventured downstairs (she's very shy
and usually stays upstairs in my room). Anyway Licorice isn't a common name
for a black cat - a lot go w/the typical Midnight, I thought Licorice was
unique.

I'm getting more kittens today - one of the shelters I foster for has four
that need some lovin for the next 4 weeks or so. I'll have to post some
pics to my site later, check back later this week. That gives me 7 of my
own cats, mama and 4 babies, and now 4 more fosters - 15 cats total.

Getting ready to call the funny farm now!
wrote in message
news

Old March 22nd 04, 11:37 PM

JoJo wrote:

I love the pics of your cats - you have a Licorice too?

Thanks! The Licorice pictures are kind of lousy - I have a crappy camera
now. My decent one broke and I got this one as a prize for going to some
stupid vacation home speil.

Mine isn't part
of the family yet - meaning has not been formally adopted. She's still a
foster at this time. Today she actually ventured downstairs (she's very
shy and usually stays upstairs in my room).

But you are planning to adopt her?

Anyway Licorice isn't a common name for a black cat - a lot go w/the
typical Midnight, I thought Licorice was unique.

I haven't met many black cats named Licorice, either. I think it's a
really cute name, and I can say this without being egotistical, because
I didn't name him! My friend (the one whose cat Oberon was just diagnosed
with cancer) came up with the idea.

I come from a family that's kind of "challenged" in the area of naming
pets. Our cats always had these weird names, that mostly just evolved
from various sounds we made at them. Let's see, we had one cat named
"Suss" - don't ask me why. Then there was one named, "Breeee-u" (very
important: the 'r' was rolled like a Spanish 'r'). I think that name was
an imitation of her purr/meow. (I didn't have anything to do with that
name - I had already grown up and left the house and my sisters came up
with that one.) Then we had a cat named "Moot'n" - a mangling of the
French "Mouton" (lamb), which my mother tried to name her. But in our
family, a rarified French name didn't have a chance.

So you see the disadvantage I have to deal with. If my pal hadn't come
up with the name Licorice, I might still be calling him "Black Cat."

I'm getting more kittens today - one of the shelters I foster for has four
that need some lovin for the next 4 weeks or so. I'll have to post some
pics to my site later, check back later this week. That gives me 7 of my
own cats, mama and 4 babies, and now 4 more fosters - 15 cats total.

WOW!! I hope you have lots of space in your home!

Getting ready to call the funny farm now!

See ya there! We can knit baby booties from our cats' fur together.

Joyce
Old March 23rd 04, 12:09 AM
JoJo

wrote in message
JoJo wrote:

I love the pics of your cats - you have a Licorice too?

Thanks! The Licorice pictures are kind of lousy - I have a crappy camera
now. My decent one broke and I got this one as a prize for going to some
stupid vacation home speil.

I think there cute bad camera or not!

Mine isn't part
of the family yet - meaning has not been formally adopted. She's

still a
foster at this time. Today she actually ventured downstairs (she's

very
shy and usually stays upstairs in my room).

But you are planning to adopt her?

Oh yes, way too attached now, her to me and me to her

[...]

Let's see I've had Tyrone (dad's idea a "black" name for a white cat (no
offense to anyone please!)) Z, Tiny Shorty Little Guy, Fruit Stripe, Poof &
Puff (they were both long hairs), Blacktoe. Lord only knows what the new
additions will become.

I'm getting more kittens today - one of the shelters I foster for has

four
that need some lovin for the next 4 weeks or so. I'll have to post

some
pics to my site later, check back later this week. That gives me 7

of my
own cats, mama and 4 babies, and now 4 more fosters - 15 cats total.

WOW!! I hope you have lots of space in your home!

Ummm, no. Mama and babies are in excercise pen in my room. Kittens are
currently in my only bathroom. I need to drag the dog crate from the
basement, haven't gotten that far yet.

Getting ready to call the funny farm now!

See ya there! We can knit baby booties from our cats' fur together.

Promise to teach me how to knit? We can rock away together. How sad
hahaha.
Joyce

Old March 23rd 04, 11:45 AM
JP Hobbs

Gee that is cheap! I used to pay &20 for one bottle of Frontline for Henri
I can't believe those prices, although I guess I can seeing as I dont
need It anymore, Wilson doesn't go out so doesn't have any fleas
he just wont go out, I've tried him a few times and nearly got my
shoulder torn off each time so I gave up, he just likes playing on
the veranda. Jean.P.

Takayuki wrote in message
"JoJo" wrote:

Currently fostering a mother that just gave birth on Thursday. Four

tiny
little babies.

I just started my own website. It's still a work in progress and don't
have everyone's pictures added yet. Plan to add three more pages to

what's
there. I started it for my fosters - hoping people from my area will see

it
and be interested in adopting one. Of course I had to add my own as well

Please feel free to visit

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Terrific site! I like the picture of the string of tiny black
furries. Your other pets are also very cute. It's hard to pick a
favorite, but Izzy and Tiny Shorty together is a hoot.

Old March 24th 04, 10:04 PM
polonca12000

You are doing such a great job with your own family and the fosters, wow!
Thank you so much for taking such good care of them and for showing the pics
to us.
Welcome and hope you'll enjoy being here with us,
--
Polonca & Soncek