NOT a good way to wake up

Old March 23rd 04, 02:31 PM
LAL

Default NOT a good way to wake up

Greetings...

At about 6:05 AM I awake to the death cries of a kitty. My immediate
reaction is to do a furry head count.
1. Beauregard on my left...OK.
2. Alacrity on my right... OK.
Oh my gawd, it must be Puddy in her room. Dash out of bed, dislodging 2
cats. Death cries still occuring. I can only imagine she's gotten her paw
stuck in something. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. Throw open
to door to the spare bedroom to find:
3. Puddy staring up at me wondering what the hell is making that god awful
noise.
Heart still pounding in my chest, deep breaths, cats now begging for their
breakfast.

Turned out to be a neighborhood tom yowling his fool head off. I never
figured out what was causing him such distress, but he looked fine and was
fussing at me from the neighbor's fence when I left for work this
morning -VERY- early.

lal

Old March 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:31:45 -0500, "LAL"
wrote:

[...]

He was just singing a love song!
Old March 23rd 04, 07:41 PM
LAL

wrote:

[...]

LOL... Well the thoughts he was inspiring in me were NOT lovely. He'd
better change his tune!

lal

Old March 23rd 04, 08:44 PM
Jo Firey

This is why I cannot understand how anyone can keep breeding cats at home.
I'm glad they do. I love my Siamese. But really, it would drive me out of
my mind.

Jo

Old March 24th 04, 09:57 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Tanada

LAL wrote:

Turned out to be a neighborhood tom yowling his fool head off. I never
figured out what was causing him such distress, but he looked fine and was
fussing at me from the neighbor's fence when I left for work this
morning -VERY- early.

Any females around? That may be what set him off, one of the harbingers
of spring, along with dead animals all over the roads, and the
beginnings of troll season.

Pam S.

good night, Gibs Lars Cat anecdotes 28 December 13th 03 12:35 PM
Good adoption news! Gizela Cat anecdotes 5 November 29th 03 06:59 PM
Purrs Update -Good news, some bad, some ok. GraceCat Cat anecdotes 8 November 19th 03 07:19 PM
Good news here, too! (longish as usual) Karen Cat anecdotes 5 September 21st 03 09:41 PM
Good News! (OT) David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 10 September 1st 03 05:46 PM