if you died, Who would take care of your pets ? Can you TRUST them?

Old July 31st 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Michael Lane

Default if you died, Who would take care of your pets ? Can you TRUST them?

we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed & done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife & I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals & doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

Old July 31st 11, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/31/2011 7:36 AM, Michael Lane wrote:
we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed& done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife& I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals& doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

I *have* children and I've thought of doing that! Yeah, they are that
ungrateful (remember Shakespeare's quote - or is that from the bible?) -
well at least one of them! ; In all seriousness, my cats have given
me more pure love and devotion than any mere human could possibly give.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 31st 11, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed & done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife & I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals & doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this already sorted out. I was diagnosed with a life-threatening
illness in 2005. I got two volunteers from this group to take my cats if
the worst happened. Helen M is off the hook with Kitty Farmcat (now RB)
Debbie W will still get Boyfriend if I die. Do I trust her?
Yes, absolutely.
My friend June will decide what to do if I still have some chickens - she
will either take them herself (which is likely) or have them put down.
Everyone needs to make arrangements for their pets should the worst happen.

Tweed

Old July 31st 11, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 31.7.2011 15:36, Michael Lane wrote:
we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed& done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife& I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals& doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My niece has promised to look after my cats if I'm too batty to look
after them myself (I asked her when she got some foster kittens from
and elderly woman who didn't know how many cats she had and hadn't had
any of them fixed - it was a sad situation). I hope she'd take care of
them if I died. She has Miranda's mother, and I'm sure she would take
Mir or find the best possible home for her. Anyway, I trust my family
implicitly. They're all cat people. They wouldn't leave my cats uncared
for.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old July 31st 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed & done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife & I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals & doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

I've been thinking about this. I don't have any children, either, so I
don't really have anyone to leave anything to. I'm sure Persia's vet
(should she outlive me) would find her a good home. I'll have to call and
ask. I wouldn't want it to come as a surprise!

Jill

Old July 31st 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 7/31/2011 5:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

A church in Ontario recieved a large bequest some years ago that was a
complete surprise, on condition that a cat was cared for. To the best of
my knowledge, it was. They didn't actually have it live in the churche;
they found a woman who would take it and they paid all the costs, and I
expect, kept an eye on the cat.

The owner was an old man, the last of his family, who had lived pretty
much as a recluse in the family home for decades since he retired. He'd
had some quite ordinary job and never earned much, but must have lived
extremely frugally, because with his savings and (of course) the rise in
the value of the house, his estate was in the millions. As far as the
church could figure out, he must have just had a good opinion of the
church, because he wasn't a member of that church or, for that matter,
any other place of worship or community group. They thought maybe his
mother or grandmother had been a member, but he might have just picked
them more or less at random. No one will ever know!

--
Cheryl
Old August 1st 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
we have two cats that their owners left $$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed & done, they were thrown by the wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white male cat

Since my wife & I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats if there is anything left . after the
hospitals & doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

I'm very fortunate, I have two adult children (three, counting my
son-in-law, which I do) who all live within a reasonable driving distance.
They are all cat people, so I know my cats will be well cared for. They
also have contact information for my next-door neighbors, who would take
care of feeding and litter box until one of my kids could pick them up.

If that weren't the case, I'd make arrangements with a friend. I have
several friends who are cat people.

Joy

Old August 1st 11, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Christina Websell wrote:

I have this already sorted out. I was diagnosed with a life-threatening
illness in 2005. I got two volunteers from this group to take my cats if
the worst happened. Helen M is off the hook with Kitty Farmcat (now RB)
Debbie W will still get Boyfriend if I die. Do I trust her?
Yes, absolutely.

Thank you Tweed, and the offer stands in perpetuity. We hope to be
moving soon to a much more rural area with a lot more outside space,
which is what I imagine it is like where you live. So Boyfie would be
guaranteed a wonderful safe home with us, if the need ever arose, which
I hope (for your sake!) it doesn't. I'll keep in contact with you if the
move works out.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 1st 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I have this already sorted out. I was diagnosed with a life-threatening
illness in 2005. I got two volunteers from this group to take my cats if
the worst happened. Helen M is off the hook with Kitty Farmcat (now RB)
Debbie W will still get Boyfriend if I die. Do I trust her?
Yes, absolutely.

Thank you Tweed, and the offer stands in perpetuity. We hope to be
moving soon to a much more rural area with a lot more outside space,
which is what I imagine it is like where you live. So Boyfie would be
guaranteed a wonderful safe home with us, if the need ever arose, which
I hope (for your sake!) it doesn't. I'll keep in contact with you if the
move works out.

Thank you, Deb, I really appreciate it. It's a huge weight off my mind
knowing he would be so well cared for, although I do hope I will not have to
call on your services any time soon I was not given a lifetime guarantee
IYSWIM

Tweed

Old August 2nd 11, 08:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Jul 31, 1:36*pm, (Michael Lane) wrote:
we have two cats that their owners left *$$$$$ for their upkeep . but
when all was sed & done, they were thrown by the *wayside . Both from
different homes .

Kitty Belle----Siamese
Snowflake----white *male cat

Since my wife & I have no children except our cats I have thought about
giving my property to Humane Society, with understanding they will take
care pets or find them good homes . Have not sed a thing to my wife,
think she will say I am nuts, but rather Humane Society have it then
State of Tennessee , thats *if there is anything left . after the
hospitals & doctors pick our bones clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Michael Lane
n *Flatrock, Tennessee

Ade and I have 'mirror wills' in which we leave everything to each
other. Annie and Cav are officially his anyway (he signed the adoption
paperwork) and I know he's even pottier about them than I am. When
we're both gone, there's provision in our wills for legacies to the
Cats Protection branch that I volunteer for, who I sincerely hope will
find new homes for all my cats.

The branch certainly has good form on honouring the need to find new
homes for cats in its care. Ten years ago, the branch took in Tilly,
who had kidney disease and who the vet said was too ill to rehome, she
wouldn't live for long. We found her a permanent fosterer, Jean, and
paid for Tilly's upkeep, including treatment and food. Her fosterer
died a few years after that, Tilly outlived her and our deathbed
promise to her was that we'd find a home for Tilly. We did. Last week
Tilly's second fosterer died. The cat that only had weeks to live,
according to the vet, has now outlived two fosterers. She's 20 now,
and a neighbour of the second fosterer has kindly offered to take her
in.

Jeanette