A game with the cats

Old January 4th 15, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default A game with the cats

I tend to play a game with the cats - I'' poke a paw and say 'paw'. I'll
poke a tail and say 'tail'. I'll poke an ear and say 'ear'. I'll poke a
nose and say 'nose'. If a tummy is exposed, I'll poke it and say 'tummy'
before giving a tummy rub.

With Miss Emily, it goes a bit differently - I poke a paw and say 'Paw.
Ack, Teefs, TOOFIES! OW! Claws! OW! Teeth AND claws!' Then I lean down,
use both hands to cuddle her, kiss her on the head and get a nice purr.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old January 4th 15, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 1/4/2015 12:43 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:

I tend to play a game with the cats - I'' poke a paw and say 'paw'. I'll
poke a tail and say 'tail'. I'll poke an ear and say 'ear'. I'll poke a
nose and say 'nose'. If a tummy is exposed, I'll poke it and say 'tummy'
before giving a tummy rub.

With Miss Emily, it goes a bit differently - I poke a paw and say 'Paw.
Ack, Teefs, TOOFIES! OW! Claws! OW! Teeth AND claws!' Then I lean down,
use both hands to cuddle her, kiss her on the head and get a nice purr.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

LOL! A glutton for punishment, aren't you?

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old January 5th 15, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 14:43:26 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

I tend to play a game with the cats - I'' poke a paw and say 'paw'. I'll
poke a tail and say 'tail'. I'll poke an ear and say 'ear'. I'll poke a
nose and say 'nose'. If a tummy is exposed, I'll poke it and say 'tummy'
before giving a tummy rub.

With Miss Emily, it goes a bit differently - I poke a paw and say 'Paw.
Ack, Teefs, TOOFIES! OW! Claws! OW! Teeth AND claws!' Then I lean down,
use both hands to cuddle her, kiss her on the head and get a nice purr.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I think it might work better if you start by poking the tummy. That
gives all four paws a chance to get in the action.
Old January 9th 15, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

I tend to play a game with the cats - I'' poke a paw and say 'paw'. I'll
poke a tail and say 'tail'. I'll poke an ear and say 'ear'. I'll poke a
nose and say 'nose'. If a tummy is exposed, I'll poke it and say 'tummy'
before giving a tummy rub.

With Miss Emily, it goes a bit differently - I poke a paw and say 'Paw.
Ack, Teefs, TOOFIES! OW! Claws! OW! Teeth AND claws!' Then I lean down,
use both hands to cuddle her, kiss her on the head and get a nice purr.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I think it might work better if you start by poking the tummy. That
gives all four paws a chance to get in the action.

LOL The *only* time Persia ever scratched me was when I rubbed her
belly when she was asleep. She was sleeping on her back (a very
vulnerable and trusting position for a cat) right next to me. I woke up
and without thinking, reached out to touch (not poke) her soft belly
fur. She jolted immediately. She latched on with all four paws and
started bunny-kicking.

Someone had front declawed her but she had some *wicked* back claws.
She did some real damage to my forearm with those two feet!

It was my fault. I was half asleep and not thinking. Hers was a purely
defensive reaction. She felt bad about it afterwards. She knew she'd
hurt me. Anthropromophizing? Nope.

Jill

Another fun game That Helps Cats and Dogs Kyla =^..^=[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 September 3rd 09 01:40 AM
Cat game Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 3 March 8th 07 10:09 PM
Herding cats - GAME Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 1 March 15th 06 08:38 PM
New Game! Lumpy Cat anecdotes 3 November 22nd 05 09:57 PM
Cats stalking large game Ted Davis Cat anecdotes 99 October 22nd 04 03:33 PM