Smokey was OUT! - briefly

Old June 13th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

Default Smokey was OUT! - briefly

We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the garage
and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept of closing
the door, so we've been locking the girls up when they're around. But today
Smokey got into the OUT. We're not sure Smokey has ever been out, despite
being adopted as a stray. She has never shown any interest in the doors, but
she is the most curious of the group and the new opening got the better of
her. We found her diving under the dumpster outside the garage. She
complained vigorously when called (I don't want to come in Pa), but the
distract and scoop got her back inside.

Old June 13th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 12, 7:21 pm, "Bill Stock" wrote:
We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the garage
and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept of closing
the door, so we've been locking the girls up when they're around. But today
Smokey got into the OUT. We're not sure Smokey has ever been out, despite
being adopted as a stray. She has never shown any interest in the doors, but
she is the most curious of the group and the new opening got the better of
her. We found her diving under the dumpster outside the garage. She
complained vigorously when called (I don't want to come in Pa), but the
distract and scoop got her back inside.

Mine always get to go out anytime I'm going to be out, but every once
in a while
Boots balks at coming back in. She loves nothing better than to play
"chase me."
I really hate that game. Sometimes Biskit runs out the door, and
suddenly realizes
she's *outside* and totally freaks out pawing at the door to come back
in.
Glad Smokey got to have a little adventure, and all ended well. I'm
real familiar with
the "distract and scoop" method. Also with "snatch and grab", and
"trick you into
coming under the garage door, then shut it and trap you in there."

Sherry

Old June 13th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bill Stock wrote:
We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the garage
and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept of closing
the door, so we've been locking the girls up when they're around. But today
Smokey got into the OUT. We're not sure Smokey has ever been out, despite
being adopted as a stray. She has never shown any interest in the doors, but
she is the most curious of the group and the new opening got the better of
her. We found her diving under the dumpster outside the garage. She
complained vigorously when called (I don't want to come in Pa), but the
distract and scoop got her back inside.

Phew! Glad you found her before she had gone further afield.

Old June 14th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the
garage and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept
of closing the door,

Many years ago I was a contractor and I just can't understand this. I can
tell the plumber "please close the door when you go throught I don't let my
cat out" (I try to limit the munber of words) and the very first trip he
leaves the door wide open. Kind of makes me wonder what else he can't
figure out.

BTW: I was a very cat/dog friendly contractor (I put alarm systems and
other things in). I had a customer come into the living room to find me
petting their big fluffy cat and she asked "How did you get that cat to
come to you?! I said I called here. She told me "that cat does not come
to anyone! Kids and animals, what can I say .

Andy
Old June 14th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Outsider" wrote in message
. ..
"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the
garage and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept
of closing the door,

Many years ago I was a contractor and I just can't understand this. I can
tell the plumber "please close the door when you go throught I don't let
my
cat out" (I try to limit the munber of words) and the very first trip he
leaves the door wide open. Kind of makes me wonder what else he can't
figure out.

LOL, yeah it's been interesting.

Old June 27th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bill Stock wrote:
We're having some renovations done, including a new door between the garage
and house. The contactors seem to have trouble with the concept of closing
the door, so we've been locking the girls up when they're around. But today
Smokey got into the OUT. We're not sure Smokey has ever been out, despite
being adopted as a stray. She has never shown any interest in the doors, but
she is the most curious of the group and the new opening got the better of
her. We found her diving under the dumpster outside the garage. She
complained vigorously when called (I don't want to come in Pa), but the
distract and scoop got her back inside.

I'm glad it all ended well.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Smokey - RB Sam Cat anecdotes 54 March 4th 07 03:37 PM
Checking out briefly .... Cathi Cat anecdotes 5 November 20th 05 01:57 AM
My Mom, Smokey and Nox Enfilade Cat anecdotes 8 March 23rd 05 05:46 AM
My Smokey [email protected] Cats - misc 2 December 29th 03 10:34 PM
Help! Smokey won't eat! M-W Cat health & behaviour 4 November 5th 03 07:35 PM