The phantom sock-stealer of old Loughborough town ;-)

Old May 2nd 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default The phantom sock-stealer of old Loughborough town ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks
Old May 2nd 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

He's adorable. He's got that "as a matter of fact, I *do* own the
world" expression.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 2nd 09, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
spot

This made me smile.

It reminded me of my cat Meowzer who loved to play with socks.

We would play a game daily where I would hide a pair of socks somewhere
in the house and he would find them and they would be laying inside the
front door when I got home from work. I

Celeste
Old May 2nd 09, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

spot wrote:

This made me smile.

It reminded me of my cat Meowzer who loved to play with socks.

We would play a game daily where I would hide a pair of socks somewhere
in the house and he would find them and they would be laying inside the
front door when I got home from work. I

Wow! Smart kitty!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 2nd 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

I think that's adorable

I worked with a woman who couldn't leave her wedding and engagement ring
sitting by the sink when she was washing dishes. Her cat would steal them.
I suspect the cat was merely moving them to a safer place. Rings have no
place next to a sink with a built-in garbage disposal

Jill

Old May 2nd 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

Heheh. So totally in possession of all those socks.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 2nd 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"wafflycat" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

I think that's adorable

I worked with a woman who couldn't leave her wedding and engagement
ring sitting by the sink when she was washing dishes. Her cat would
steal them. I suspect the cat was merely moving them to a safer place.
Rings have no place next to a sink with a built-in garbage disposal

Jill

Nice to hear at least the cats had some sense!

Old May 2nd 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Marina wrote in news:762rohF1b0t45U1
@mid.individual.net:

wafflycat wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

Heheh. So totally in possession of all those socks.

No one is going to convince me that socks do not disappear out of the dryer
and turn into hangars in the closet.

Old May 2nd 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"outsider" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
:

"wafflycat" wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

I think that's adorable

I worked with a woman who couldn't leave her wedding and engagement
ring sitting by the sink when she was washing dishes. Her cat would
steal them. I suspect the cat was merely moving them to a safer place.
Rings have no place next to a sink with a built-in garbage disposal

Jill

Nice to hear at least the cats had some sense!

It reminds me of an episode from 'I Love Lucy' where Ricky decided to teach
Lucy a lesson about putting her rings on the windowsill when she was washing
up. He took them and put them in his coat pocket. She panicked. He gave
them back, but then when they and the Mertzes were building a BBQ pit she
was mixing cement so she took them off and set them on a bench. And Ricky
took them again. She was convinced her rings were stuck in the cement
somewhere. Lucy and Ethel spent all night deconstructing the BBQ pit
looking for her rings in the cement. Then trying to put the BBQ pit back
together again. All the time he had them in his possession. Heh. I always
know where my rings are. But I don't set them by the kitchen sink or even
the bathroom sink.

Jill

Old May 2nd 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8030168.stm

Henry is rather cute, but has a passion for stealing socks

I TOLD Eric that the dryer wasn't eating them!!!!!!

The Sock Taliban + my life lately Enfilade Cat anecdotes 14 May 14th 07 10:05 PM
Confessions of a dirty sock stay_right_there Cat health & behaviour 9 December 10th 05 11:17 AM
Can you find my sock? Charlie Wilkes Cat health & behaviour 17 July 28th 05 09:46 AM
Li'l pink sock Marina Cat anecdotes 22 December 22nd 04 07:20 PM
'nip sock dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 46 October 16th 04 09:43 PM