Purrs for bridge journey please.

Old December 3rd 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
lestark

Default Purrs for bridge journey please.

Over the summer I have been socializing a stray so I can find a home
for him. At first I could do nothing but feed it but as time went
along he became freindlier. Towards end I could pick him up and pet
him with no trouble. Occassionally he would look at me and hiss like
he was reminding me he was still boss!!

Well I took him in today for nuetering and the works BUT his tests
came back for positive for ADVANCED kitty aids. He could go to no
home with cats and should not be left out because he would infect
others and the person thinking about him changed mind and the shelter
would take him but put him down. The vet said he would probably have
about 2 years left.

I know there will be some that think I was wrong but we decided it was
best to put Boots down.I have lost cats before but this is the first
time I have actually had one put down. I had to stay with him and not
leave him with some stranger. It was the hardest thing I have ever
had to do.

There was one funny point among the tears. Just before he slipped
away he looked at me and gave me one final hiss as a reminder of
whatever.

I will miss you Boots. Have a happy journey. I love you much.

Your slave.
Old December 3rd 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

lestark wrote:

[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.
MLB
Old December 3rd 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Dec 2, 8:06*pm, lestark wrote:
Over the summer I have been socializing a stray so I can find a home

Snipped an agonizing situation with no good solution.

I will miss you Boots. *Have a happy journey. *I love you much.

Your slave.

You did the right thing in a _horrible_ situation. You gave him what
was probably the only love he ever got. After he crosses the Bridge or
wakes up among the Forever Trees or begins an adventure we cannot even
imagine, he will remember you and know you love him. It is possible
that you will know his presence again.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 3rd 09, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder

On Dec 2, 6:06*pm, lestark wrote:
[...]

Your did your best for Boots. I wish there could have been a better
solution but there wasn't. Purrrs for his journey and hugs for you.
Gabrielle

Purrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Prrrrrumpurrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Ralph, Fred, Alice, Jane, Ricky, Mary, Judith, and Claude
Old December 3rd 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

You did what would have done. It was a horrible decision you had to make.
U couldn't leave him out to harm others.

Purrs and prayers for all of you.

Old December 3rd 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Purrs for Boots that his trip may be easy, and purrs for you that the
hole in your heart will head, and you will realize how important you
were in his life.

Julie

Old December 3rd 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

I am very sorry for your loss. You did the absolute best thing you
could for Boots. If it's any consolation, I would have done the same.

Debby Hanoka

Old December 3rd 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Fur Conspiracy

Purroofft!

Yew did da bezt yew kud and datz awl enny hmin or kat kan du. We awl
sendz purrz fur da Mr. Boots easy journey to da bridge, and fur yew
fur mizzing himzelf.

S'long Mr. Boots, we'll se yew 'nozzer timez.

Purrz,
GT

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. GrowlTiger the Depradatator (VC),
Ms. Chessie the Calico,
Ms. Misty of Many Colors,
Shadow da Pup,
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old December 3rd 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_3_]

lestark wrote:

[...]

Purrrrs fur poor kitty and may he find peace and health at the bridge.

--
Regards,
Fred

Old December 3rd 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
lestark

He lived in garage most of summer and I let him out during days when
the weather was nice. I went in there this am and was expecting him
to come then it dawned on me that he was gone. Tears again.