[OT] Individual.net Problems?

Old March 29th 05, 03:15 PM
CatNipped

Default [OT] Individual.net Problems?

Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems (they
just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that could be
causing a problem)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 29th 05, 03:23 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems
(they just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that
could be causing a problem)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Having been out of work for a year my brain is rusty - run ipconfig (ipcfg?)
and do a release/renew to reset the IP address of your PC on the network.
Might help, can't hurt

Jill

Old March 29th 05, 03:59 PM
CatNipped

OK, it seems to be back up again. It must have been a momentary glitch.

Hugs,

CatNipped

oups.com...

Old March 29th 05, 04:20 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 29 Mar 2005 06:15:31 -0800, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems (they
just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that could be
causing a problem)?

It keeps timing out this morning... I just tried again and collected
my messages successfully but that was about the tenth time I hit the
retrieve button today! I wonder if it's something to do with the
changes that are about to occur? (ack! I just realised that we haven't
paid up yet, so we'll lose access in two days... better jump on John
tonight and get him to do it. I NEED my usenet!)
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old March 29th 05, 04:34 PM
Karen

Did you sign up for their pay service? It might just be some switchover
problems as they change. I noticed they expect to be fully converted by
Friday, so they may be changing a lot of stuff right now.

oups.com...

Old March 29th 05, 04:50 PM
CatNipped

"Karen" wrote in message
Did you sign up for their pay service? It might just be some switchover
problems as they change. I noticed they expect to be fully converted by
Friday, so they may be changing a lot of stuff right now.

Yes, I signed up and paid for it when I first heard they were switching over
to pay service.

It seems to be up and running now, maybe it was just a glitch.

Hugs,

CatNipped

oups.com...

Old March 29th 05, 05:42 PM
Karen

I imagine they are having to make a few software changes. It may be
unsettled for a while but I am sure it will smooth out.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Karen" wrote in message
Did you sign up for their pay service? It might just be some switchover
problems as they change. I noticed they expect to be fully converted by
Friday, so they may be changing a lot of stuff right now.

Yes, I signed up and paid for it when I first heard they were switching

over
to pay service.

It seems to be up and running now, maybe it was just a glitch.

Hugs,

CatNipped

oups.com...

Old March 30th 05, 05:44 AM
John F. Eldredge

wrote:

Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems (they
just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that could be
causing a problem)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

When I tried to check messages this morning, my program kept timing
out without getting a connection. It seems to be working now,
however.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 30th 05, 02:59 PM
Adrian

CatNipped wrote:
Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems
(they just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that
could be causing a problem)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

It's strange that Individual.net started having problems after they'd
announced they would no longer be free.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 30th 05, 08:21 PM
Karen

"Adrian" wrote in message
news
CatNipped wrote:
Individual.net is not working for me this morning - I'm having to post
this on Google. Is anyone else on Individual.net having problems
(they just changed some IP addresses on my network at work and that
could be causing a problem)?

Hugs,

CatNipped

It's strange that Individual.net started having problems after they'd
announced they would no longer be free.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

I think some of it is they must have to change their software to accomodate
this. I would imagine all that is being done now and this stuff may be
temporary.