OT fired

Old February 8th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT fired

that is outstanding, I am known among my work associates for speaking
burocrate very well, it is overly impressive that you are a scientist and
can do it, Lee, over joyed
"Yowie" wrote in message
"BfloPolska" wrote in message

On Jan 21, 11:38 pm, hopitus wrote:

*snip*

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear that you were fired. Its happening
right around the world as suddenly the house of cards starts collapsing.

It sucks, and I wish I could do more for you than to pray and purr for
you.

Above all, when at the unemployment office, *keep your lip zipped*
about
the former employer....unless and until the clerk handling your case
asks
you something. Answer, but say nothing more than the answer

I'm going to have a hard time coming up with something here. Of course
I don't want to tell the clerk, "I worked for a putz." How do you give
a straight answer with pleasant ambiguity?

You don't mention him at all. You were fired for what they call
'operational reasons' here, that is, the business was goingbelly-up and
people had to be fired. You were one of them.

If your relationship with your boss *has* to be talked about you always
maintained a proffesional relationship [even if he didn't] and you fully
understand that part of being a boss means having to make the tough
decisions that are in the best interest of the business rather than the
best interest of the employees. Naturally it was personally upestting for
you, but you understand that in economically difficult times, that is what
has to be done and if you were in the same position you would have
reluctantly done something similar [may have fired you, but done it in a
nicer way!] - thats the nature of business. Naturally you are sad that it
was you that was fired as there were good people there [not necessarily
the douche!], but you are looking at this as an oppurtunity to expand your
horizons and just like every other career hurdle you've conquered, you
feel sure you are up to the challenge.

That should have enough doublespeak in it to keep any recruitment agency
happy :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old February 8th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 22, 1:57*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Yowie help me!

I have 2 interviews coming up in the next week both for better paid
more interesting jobs and at the end they always say "Any questions?"
And my mind goes a complete blank....all suggestions appreciated!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 8th 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 22, 7:55*am, BfloPolska wrote:

As for the cheese, make it Brie!

My fave cheese as well apart from Gubbeen, which is an Irish soft
semi soft cheese which is to die for! I first ran into it at a
friend's party and afterwards I mentioned to him that the next time he
went to the shop that sold it- would he mind getting me a couple of
pounds- that was the Saturday and the following Wednesday he turned up
bearing Gubbeen. "That was quick" I said, "Well yes" he said, "I
really wanted to try Gubbeen but some greedy so and so ate the lot
before I could get any"

(Hey it wasn't just me!)

Old February 8th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have a tendency to let my mouth overrule my --- so, once I get started I
don't know when to shut up and sit down! That is why I call Lee most times
before I get myself in a bind.

Old February 8th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

it is just wonderful to see that i am not alone, ... a non burocrate with
the simi ability to communicate with them, Lee

Old February 22nd 09, 09:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Lesley" wrote in message

On Jan 22, 1:57 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Questions should be general like:

Why did this position become vacant?
What will my responsibilities be?
What are your expectations of me?
Can you describe a typical day?
What training do you offer?
What sort of career progression would I hope to expect in 5 years time?
Are there any tools or safety gear that I need to provide myself?
And the clincher (but use with caution): Why do *you* think XYZ company a
"quality employer"?

HTH and isn't too late

Yowie

Old February 22nd 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 22, 1:47*am, "Yowie" wrote:

Thanks- too late for one but not the one I am really interested in
that's Tuesday and I shall certainly ask some of those questions!