Fluff and Clyde - the peck order

Old July 3rd 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fluff and Clyde - the peck order

There is a peck order in the house and Clyde, being larger than the other
cats, is at the top of it. Bonnie is No. 2 and Fluff right at the bottom.

B and C are a team. They lick each other, chase each other, sleep together
and talk together endlessly - Fluff watches - should I say enviously! She
is the outsider.

Take this little scenario. Fluff is sitting in the middle of the lounge
minding her own business and looking as beautiful as only a pedigree
blue-smoke persian can, Clyde walks past and clocks her - really to show
her he is No. 1. After being clocked Fluff takes on a defiant look - she
refuses to run away and just glares at him out of giant amber eyes. There
is no fight, Fluff just stands her ground and Clyde strolls away having (in
his mind at least) put her in her place.

At meal times No. 1 walks up to Fluff and puts a paw on her head. This is
a command to stop eating and she obeys, after all when you are a tiny cat in
a giant heap of fur, what else. Result, she sits and watches as he devours
her dinner.

Occasionally Clyde gets her on the run and chases her through the house.
She ends up under the sofa and stays there until he goes away.

When it comes to lap sharing Fluff arrives and settles in. When No. 1
arrives he expects her to leave, (there really isn't room for two). She
won't leave so he clocks her. Fluff knows she has protection and gives him
the amber eyed glare. I take her part and push him off.

The interesting part in the whole thing is that Fluff is not down-trodden by
No. 1. Standing up for herself is the name of the game and Clyde knows it

The by-stander is all this, Bonnie, mainly just ignores Fluff. When
Bonnie is chased by Clyde (and as No. 1 he usually does the chasing) she is
sometimes caught and as she is also a little cat she is sometimes hurt and
howls in pain when sat upon by a large, tough cat. More intervention from
me.

Cats are fascinating creatures.

Bev

--
I was the next-door kid's imaginary friend.

Old July 3rd 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Katcrazy

wrote in message ...
[...]

LOL Bev, Clyde is getting his own back for the way Deo treated him as a wee
kitty.................poor Fluff

Old July 3rd 09, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

At meal times No. 1 walks up to Fluff and puts a paw on her head. This is
a command to stop eating and she obeys, after all when you are a tiny cat in
a giant heap of fur, what else. Result, she sits and watches as he devours
her dinner.

What I've been doing for years is to divide up the tin of catfood into one
more bowl than we have cats. That way nobody can go hungry because of the
pecking order (which with us has had poor mixed-up Chloe at the bottom for
the whole time she's been with us).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old July 3rd 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message ...
There is a peck order in the house and Clyde, being larger than the other
cats, is at the top of it. Bonnie is No. 2 and Fluff right at the
bottom.

B and C are a team. They lick each other, chase each other, sleep
together and talk together endlessly - Fluff watches - should I say
enviously! She is the outsider.

YAY!!! You're back and posting stories and observations about the gansta
kitties again.

I suspect that Fluffy's envy is that of any of us who watch those bad boys
on reality TV. In my case, it is a combination of wondering how they could
be so stupid, or how they can get away with it.

Thank you for the update. I hope Fluffy smacks Clyde a good one and shows
him that she can fight back. They are all beauties.

Pam S.

Old July 3rd 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
At meal times No. 1 walks up to Fluff and puts a paw on her head. This
is
a command to stop eating and she obeys, after all when you are a tiny cat
in
a giant heap of fur, what else. Result, she sits and watches as he
devours
her dinner.

What I've been doing for years is to divide up the tin of catfood into one
more bowl than we have cats. That way nobody can go hungry because of the
pecking order (which with us has had poor mixed-up Chloe at the bottom for
the whole time she's been with us).

You know, I never thought about that. Around here QC tends to make the rest
tow the line and we just don't tend to have pecking order problems. I do
feed Tanada and MCG separately as they both seem to do better that way.

Pam S.

Fluff going for X-rays Yowie Cat anecdotes 33 April 17th 09 07:23 PM
tribyoot tu Fluff-Buff, House of Golumb Ms. Tess[_2_] Cat community 10 October 20th 08 08:45 PM
China and Fluff ollie2 Cat anecdotes 9 September 1st 07 10:04 PM
Danger: Ferocious Ball of Fluff Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 10 February 10th 05 10:16 AM