Little Gifts! Little Help Needed!

Old April 6th 04, 04:44 AM
countertroll

Gee wrote:

idiot, thats just addons for the casserole.

Old April 6th 04, 08:52 AM
Penelope Baker

*squick* :P

--
Peace,
Pen

"Andy Martin" wrote in message
I have a 3 legged cat who cant stretch to birds but often digs up worms and
offers them instead!

"'cedes" wrote in message
There is no stopping the sacrificial gifting. As long as they are
allowed
outdoors, they are going to attempt to bring you "gifts".
A funny story; I don't allow my cats outdoors at all, but I have a huge
enclosed patio that they think is "outdoors. Yesterday I awoke from a
nap,
to find a dismembered bird in bed with me, and all my cats snoozing

soundly.
This is the second time in two years that this has happened. The largest

gap
in the wire meshed-in patio, is a 1 inch gap betwwen the base and the

frame
of the wire. We are clueless as to HOW these birds how squeezed in to
meet
their doom. In any event, I truly can't stop my cats from doing this, IF
bird makes it's way into our patio, but you can probably curtail their
activity, by either keeping them indoors at night, OR making them some

sort
of secure enclosure on your house, so that they can not obtain their
prey.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-worldenclosures.htm

"David Wright" wrote in message
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone could share some advice on how to stop our two

cats
bringing home little "gifts" for us during the night.

Both cats (1 male, 1 female) are just under 2 years old. They have
never
brought anything back before, but since our first baby was born and

became
the centre of attention 14 weeks ago, we have had 4 mice, one bird and

two
frogs. And, because they have a cat-flap door, we find the presents -
normally dead but sometimes alive - in the living room when we get up
in

the
morning. The bird was the worst - feathers everywhere!

With the baby about to start crawling, we want to nip this in the bud
avoid infections etc - we are trying to lavish attention on the cats

again,
so they don't feel so left out, but this morning (2am!) - a whole lot
of
noise, and another frog. Still alive, and quickly back in the
neighbours
pond. And me disinfecting the carpet whilst half asleep, not that

enjoyable
really!

We don't want to lock them in the kitchen at night (where their door

is),
or
lock them outside, but we might have to...

Thanks,
David.

ps. Please excuse the cross-posting, there are just too many great cat
newsgroups!!

Old April 6th 04, 05:25 PM

never dealt with cat bringing a present inside but i had a stray cat do
this...found out one day that he was bringing home stuff just about all
the time...but another stray cat was eatingthem...lol so he probably
thought i served the best food and the other stray thoguht to bring me
home even more stuff......i did read in a book soon after i took him
in..if you put the "gift" in to thier bed they might dispose of it
cause they dont like it in thier sleeping areas...not sure but wortha
try with the dead ones

Old April 12th 04, 04:54 PM
BarB

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:27:33 +0200, "BolleZijde"
wrote:

Just do not crosspost, ok?

Newsgroup line set back to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Followups set to alt.cats.

This is an example of a crosspost by a troll. The newsgroup line was set
to alt.cats,alt.space*******s,alt.startrek.vs.starwar s,alt.world,
alt.troll,alt.games.grand-theft-auto,rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.usenet.kooks,
and alt.troll. When one encounters this kind of crossposting, set the
newsgroup line back to the original groups. This was originally
crossposted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc.

Crossposting is the correct way to get a message to more than one group,
provided all the groups are on topic. When a user multiposts the same
message to more than one cat group, the discussion is fragmented over a
number of groups. In addition users who read more than one feline group
are VERY annoyed to see the same post occurring over and over in the
groups they read. A crossposted article occurs only one time on the
server. Newsreaders can be set to show a crossposted message only once
in the first group you read.

It helps if the original poster sets followups to only one group.

BarB