KFW

Old May 21st 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default KFW

Several weeks ago I posted about kittens that will be needing
homes in Maryland. I have updated pictures of them. I failed to
write that they are my sisters cat Amber's kittens. She was
supposedly spayed, and on one of her escapes to the OUT, she ended
up pregnant. They're 3 weeks old now. My sister is still intent on
rehoming Amber because the problems between her and the senior cat
are even worse now (DUH!) but even though I tell her when she's
spayed and the kittens are homed Amber should settle down, she
won't change her mind.

Of course they are adorable. Lucky you, to be close enough to spend some
time with them.

Cheryl, maybe if you showed your sister a few of the many past threads about
integrating new cats into a household that already has one or more resident
rulers - the most recent one I recall was started by Kajikat Karen
concerning Tessie - she would reconsider keeping Amber. It is almost never
necessary to rehome a newcomer cat if the hoomin uses common sense and has
enough patience. Proof is found in the many testimonials we've read right
here in this group.

She might listen to others' experiences even if she won't listen to you.

Old May 21st 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 20 May 2006 07:23:20p, Pat wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

Of course they are adorable. Lucky you, to be close enough to
spend some time with them.

Cheryl, maybe if you showed your sister a few of the many past
threads about integrating new cats into a household that already
has one or more resident rulers - the most recent one I recall
was started by Kajikat Karen concerning Tessie - she would
reconsider keeping Amber. It is almost never necessary to rehome
a newcomer cat if the hoomin uses common sense and has enough
patience. Proof is found in the many testimonials we've read
right here in this group.

She might listen to others' experiences even if she won't listen
to you.

Pat, I've tried. I even gave her the screen door that I made when
Scarlett and Rhett were kittens right after her idiot husband
brought Amber home, and I heard about how aggressive she was. She
never used it to separate them. Tigger spends all his time behind
the washer/dryer in the kitchen just so he's close to food and the
litter box (which I had to insist she put there if he won't leave
that area, less she have lots of accidents) without having to cross
Amber. It's very sad. My sister just doesn't place pet integration
at the top of her priority list. I can't change her mind, or help
her understand that cats are people too. It's very frustrating.

--
Cheryl