Purrs for everyone getting bad weather

Old January 30th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Purrs for everyone getting bad weather

Central Iowa has had some cold weather and wind storms, but nothing like
the folks in nearby states have been getting. IL, IN, and MO have been
having awful winds, ND, SD, NE, and WI have getting bitter cold - all of
you in those areas, just dig in and hang on. We're sending our purrs your
way.

Yesterday morning and this morning I woke up before my alarm went off. I
was enjoying the nice warm bed, a warm kitty curled up on the pillow
beside my head, another warm kitty curled up against my chest, listening
to the wind howling outside the window - it was very hard to get out of
bed.

Now the wind has dropped to a mild breeze, no new snow has fallen, the
temperature is up to 10 F (-12 C), wind chill of -3 F (-19 C). Not too bad
as long as you're well wrapped up. But I don't think we'll be doing any
snow-catting tonight.

Dan
Old January 30th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

My sister lives in Wisconsin.I was trying to picture her and her husband
going out to work this morning. ( picturing kids dress in so many layers
they can't move.)They don't think its warm until the temp is over 85.

Everyone keep covered up if you need to go out. I was watching the weather
channel this morning and they had pictures of one of their reporters outside
Tuesday night. He has starting to get frost bite on his face.

Ann

news

Old January 30th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

--
Kyla's Cat looked over her shoulder and watched her write this
"Daniel Mahoney"
Central Iowa has had some cold weather and wind storms, but nothing like
the folks in nearby states have been getting. IL, IN, and MO have been
having awful winds, ND, SD, NE, and WI have getting bitter cold - all of
you in those areas, just dig in and hang on. We're sending our purrs your
way.

Ohhh yes..Big puuuuuuuuuuuuuurs...

Yesterday morning and this morning I woke up before my alarm went off. I
was enjoying the nice warm bed, a warm kitty curled up on the pillow
beside my head, another warm kitty curled up against my chest, listening
to the wind howling outside the window - it was very hard to get out of
bed.

Now the wind has dropped to a mild breeze, no new snow has fallen, the
temperature is up to 10 F (-12 C), wind chill of -3 F (-19 C). Not too bad
as long as you're well wrapped up. But I don't think we'll be doing any
snow-catting tonight.

Dan

Wow, that IS c-c-c-old. I live near Seattle Wa, and it is now snowing
lightly, it's 41 degrees..but it feels colder...
Keep warm...
I was born in Colorado, and I know all about c-c-c-old weather.
Puuuurs
Kyla%b

Old January 31st 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Purrs for everyone getting bad weather (But its spring here)

[...]

Lots of purrs for any cats and slaves who are having a hard time staying
safe and warm.

On a bright note, the sun came out here today. I saw one flowering tree in
premature bloom, and daffodils in front of one house. I even sat out in the
sun at the park for half an hour while Kayla played.

Jo

Old January 31st 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

My brother -in-law would agree. He's from Florida, now living in Wisconsin.

Ann

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 4:03 pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
--
[...]

Brace yourselves....here comes some more cold and snow; it landed
here about an hour ago. I just beat it here @ a warm relative's house
in MileHigh; media says it's fast-moving (big blowing winds) so you
should be enoying this very soon...former south Floridian says,
"winter
wonderland, my ***". LOL.

Old January 31st 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:20:13 -0800, jofirey wrote:

[...]

That sounds heavenly. We have had a long, cold, heavy winter with lots of
snow. The snow, especially the deep mountain snow is welcome. We have
had quite a few years of drought and water shortage. But at this point
TuTu and I seem to be suffering from "cabin fever". MLB

Old January 31st 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Purrs going out. We had a flurry of snow last night, but most of it has
melted already. 'Tis another strange winter for us. Usually we're
knee-deep in snow this time of year.

Old January 31st 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I got a new sewing machine and made smuggles to stop drafts under an outside
door. They work great, problem is the cats think they are fun to pull
around the room.

Old January 31st 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"jofirey"

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

Where do you live that it's Spring?
You have a cat named Kayla?
Wonderful name...very close to my name
which is Kyla
Puuuurs to all of you to keep warm
Sniff the daffydills for me, I love the fragrance
Puuuuuuurs
Kyla
From near Seattle Wa

OT Too much weather Karen Cat anecdotes 4 May 7th 07 05:10 AM
Winter Weather Anyone? [email protected] Cat anecdotes 40 January 15th 07 09:55 PM
Weather mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 32 August 4th 06 03:59 AM
Cold Weather Purrs Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 6 January 23rd 05 05:06 PM
Yowie - Purrs for a fine day with excellent weather! Dan Mahoney Cat anecdotes 13 November 1st 03 09:59 PM