Trap, Neuter, and Release: Bad for Cats, Disaster for Birds (HD)

Old August 20th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Trap, Neuter, and Release: Bad for Cats, Disaster for Birds (HD)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:20:53 -0700 (PDT), chatnoir
wrote:

On Aug 19, 6:34*am, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 02:56:39 -0700 (PDT), chatnoir

wrote:
On Aug 18, 2:13*pm, calvin wrote:
On Aug 18, 5:06*pm, chatnoir wrote:

I keep my cats caged!

Sounds like animal abuse.

You sound like abuse - hope you don't have kids also!

How big are the cages? *How many cats do you have?

5 cats - 15 feet by 36 feet - more than they gets at shelters

How many are in each cage? *How often do you let them out?

they run the house and the outside cage!

Why do you have cats when you treat them this way?

Better than you treat them - I value my cats!

You mean you let them outside but keep them in a big cage outside?
That makes sense. Essentially I do the same thing. My backyard is a
big cage for them. Of course, it's a cage that has no top so the birds
do stop by.

It is attached to my house! The cats decide when to go out and when
to go in!

That is a great idea. Any pictures?
Old September 29th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Look how much the cats in my colony are suffering.....

http://maxshouse.com/on_the_prowl.htm

Congratulations that big tabby with the lions mane!!! What a splendid cat!!!
Old September 29th 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask[_2_]

chatnoir wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/abcbirds

Simple just make it law to register a cat or dog and you can't register
unless the cat or dog is desexed - if you don't the council willvisit
your house and take your animal compulsorily and do it anyway and
charge you against your council rates. The law should also take away
your right to legal recourse or to sue anyone or to slow up or stop the
process. Simple we need more bossy authorities to put a stop to bogans
who bleat civil rights and do nothing.

If you are a registered breeder then it doesn't apply.
Old September 29th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

Netmask wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/abcbirds

Simple just make it law to register a cat or dog and you can't register
unless the cat or dog is desexed - if you don't the council will visit
your house and take your animal compulsorily and do it anyway and
charge you against your council rates. The law should also take away
your right to legal recourse or to sue anyone or to slow up or stop the
process. Simple we need more bossy authorities to put a stop to bogans
who bleat civil rights and do nothing.

If you are a registered breeder then it doesn't apply.

Good. So let's start with people while we're at it. One can't get a
driver's license, or get an identity number, or be a legal person,
unless one is desexed. Unless one is registered as a breeder, of course.
Taking the breeder tests (where no more than 10% pass) will happen at
the end of high school; if you can't graduate from high school then of
course you don't get to take the tests and eventually be a breeder.
Illegal sexed persons without breeder status will be trapped, neutered
and released on sight. If they had had illegal offspring, they will be
immediately terminated, and the offspring trapped, neutered and released.

What say you?
Old September 30th 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Dragoman exclaimed (9/29/2009 6:49 PM):
Netmask wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
[...]

Works for me. I don't need to be trapped and desexed though, chose at
an early age to not reproduce. There's genetics in my family I'd rather
not pass on.

jmc
Old September 30th 09, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask[_2_]

Dragoman wrote:
Netmask wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
[...]

No lets not speak off topic - we are only talking about domestic home
based pets - there is no need to draw long paranoid bows in order to
extend a proposal from "apples to pears" A law can be framed that no
precedence can be drawn from it or extended beyond the scope of the
original law. It's all in the framing, intent and the scope of the law.
Don't know about the USA but laws are often written in that format in
Oz. Besides our judges wouldn't go beyond the scope of the law anyway.

There was a criminal case recently that had certain controversial
elements and the judge bringing down his verdict specifically spelled
out that the judgment could not be used as a precedence for any other
matter - end of story.

So DON'T PANIC
Old September 30th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dragoman

Netmask wrote:
Dragoman wrote:
Netmask wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
[...]

So are you saying that it's just A Modest Proposal? Or that it's Mostly
Harmless?
Old September 30th 09, 08:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask[_2_]

Dragoman wrote:
Netmask wrote:
Dragoman wrote:
Netmask wrote:
chatnoir wrote:
[...]

Freedom as enjoyed in most democracies comes with a set of
responsibilities and a balance between unfettered survivelists style
"I'll do what I like" (these people probable as children didn't have
parents that defined their limits nor adequate potty training and have
never really grown up) and reasonable behavior. So some things are
compulsory like road laws and the like that infringements can result in
the death and therefore the abridgment of their rights.

So I regard the compulsory desexing of domestic pets that have not been
registered for breeding as Mostly Harmless and a very Modest Proposal.
Maybe we could ask the Vogans to do the dirty dead, in triplicate of
course....