Tim Tam Ice cream

Old March 13th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Tim Tam Ice cream

I think I am going to be in heaven here real soon. I got invited to go to
the Heresy and other candies manufactures wholesale convention In Orlando.
FREE SAMPLES AND GIFTS

I think just heard the calorie counter start clicking

"Yoj" wrote in message
"meee" wrote in message

"Yoj" wrote in message
et...
"meee" wrote in message

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"meee" wrote in message
news MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes

watching
me,
and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most
masculine
kitten)
has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish mew. He is also

very
good
at looking starved; probably why he is so hefty. For those of you
unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is a delicious, chocolate
covered
and filled biscuit, deadly in it's addictiveness, that is to

Australia
what
the Oreo is to America. And the ice cream is worse. They will be
allowed
lick the plate.

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good
as
Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

well, that's a given! I just didn't want to offend the americans!!
they
are
very attached to their oreos, and most of the poor dears probably
never
have
seen a tim tam, let alone tasted one. Besides, it would be cruel to
mention
it when they can't have any...

That's true, although there is a place in Texas where you can order

them.
They are quite expensive, but worth it occasionally. ;-)

Joy

Man, you're not serious!!! Well, you can get everything in the US....for
price I guess! What do they do, fly to australia and buy them??

This outfit specializes in Australian things. They have Ugg boots, all
sorts of Cadbury goodies, and a wide variety of other things. I
discovered
the Tim Tams by accident. I imagine they have the items shipped here from
Oz.

Joy

Old March 13th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-12, Magic Mood Jeep© penned:

Anyone care to 'import' some of those Tim Tams for us
culture-lacking Americans?

Actually, you can order them.

Here's a site I found online:

http://about-australia-shop.com/adva...ywords=tim+tam

Someone brought some to my office a few months ago. Very yummy.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

I think that's the place I was talking about. They're in San Antonio,
Texas.

Joy

Old March 13th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Sandy wrote:
"meee" wrote in message

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good
as Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

well, that's a given! I just didn't want to offend the americans!!
they are very attached to their oreos, and most of the poor dears
probably never have seen a tim tam, let alone tasted one. Besides,
it would be cruel to mention it when they can't have any...

Speaking for myself, here is one American who is not offended or
otherwise aggrieved! Please continue telling us about the delights
of other places -- I find it fascinating and a lot of fun to know
that kind of thing. Besides, if I ever get to Australia again I'll
have something new to look forward to! Same for everyone one in
places other than Australia!
Sandy

Ditto that sentiment!

I might add that I, for one, am not so fond of Oreos - except the cream
filling. The chocolate cookie is too dark and phony tasting for my

like!
I prefer the 'plain ol' vanilla cream sandwich cookies.

Anyone care to 'import' some of those Tim Tams for us culture-lacking
Americans?

I really don't know why Arnotts haven't yet! Whoever invented it should be
canonized!! (or boiled in oil, depending if you're on a diet or not....)
It's said that some people only come back to Australia for the Tim

Tams.....

I can believe it! They are one of the best things I had to eat in Oz. The
other thing at the top of the list was the kangaroo fillet with a sauce made
of plums and peppers that I had in Kakadu National Park near Darwin.

Joy

Old March 13th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Too true NMR!! men are hoomins too....
"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
. ..
I am going to tell you woman this as a personally favor from men.
Do you remember what I did for my DW on valentines day the breakfast in
bed and so on.
We might not act like it but when we are pampered it means as much to us
as it does to you
Except when we are sick than we want are mommy

Both me and my DW try to do something for each other just to get a smile
sometimes. When I have a long hard day my favorite thing to have done is
for her to come up behind me and give me a body hug like I am the only
person alive.
The words I missed you today mean more than how was your day to me. Us
men don't show it but that link means more to us than anything else

"meee" wrote in message

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
. ..
FedEx them they will never know they really aren't going to worry
about a chocolate bar

And you cause so much trouble girl you start talking about all the
good food and you gets use hungry out here. You got my mouth watering
for one right now. :-)

Well, I'm sitting here trying desperately to be unselfish and leave the
last little bit of the ice cream for DH.....

what is a baby spoon full just enough to tease him :-)

Honestly, I'm almost gonna do it...except that poor baby will be working
in the rain all day, and probably need some comfort food this evening.

"meee" wrote in message

"Sandy" wrote in message
et...
"meee" wrote in message

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good
as Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

well, that's a given! I just didn't want to offend the americans!!
they are very attached to their oreos, and most of the poor dears
probably never have seen a tim tam, let alone tasted one. Besides,
it would be cruel to mention it when they can't have any...

Speaking for myself, here is one American who is not offended or
otherwise aggrieved! Please continue telling us about the delights
of other places -- I find it fascinating and a lot of fun to know
that kind of thing. Besides, if I ever get to Australia again I'll
have something new to look forward to! Same for everyone one in
places other than Australia!

Sandy

That's why I love this group too! I get to hear about all the
places I would love to visit one day. And I would have sent Tim Tams
with my christmas cards, If I thought customs would let them
through!!

Old March 13th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"Sandy" wrote in message
et...
"meee" wrote in message

[...]

Customs will let them through, but if we send tim tams to one person, us
Aussies will have to send them to everyone, and I'm not that rich!

Maybe we can chip in to send a box to the US and Burope and then elect
someone to distribute them from there. or something.

Yowie

Old March 13th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

That's probably true. A couple of years ago, my mother ordered some candy
to be sent to my daughter as a Christmas gift. The box was delivered, but
it was empty.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
The would never make it past the post office

"Yowie" wrote in message
"meee" wrote in message

"Sandy" wrote in message
et...

Old March 13th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Seeing as I'm TRYING to change my eating habits for the better lately,
I'm SO relieved the whole Pacific Ocean and the International Date Line
is between me and Tim Tams AND Tim Tam Ice cream, or I would be in
serious trouble!

Oreos..... I can live without those and pretty easily. But chocolate
covered biscuits... THAT's dangerous!

Melissa

Old March 13th 06, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com...
Seeing as I'm TRYING to change my eating habits for the better lately,
I'm SO relieved the whole Pacific Ocean and the International Date Line
is between me and Tim Tams AND Tim Tam Ice cream, or I would be in
serious trouble!

Oreos..... I can live without those and pretty easily. But chocolate
covered biscuits... THAT's dangerous!

Melissa

That's exactly the same way I feel about it.

Joy