Back at last!

Old March 18th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Back at last!

"Dan M" wrote in message

If you're able to get a connection via the Sprint card, I'd recommend an
account with news.individual.net or with easynews.com, and the Pan
newsreader.

Sounds like you're having a great time. I look forward to hearing more
about the Sea Cats!

Dan

I can connect the Internet via the Sprint card. I don't have a problem
with mailgate. But, apparently, I need something like NewsHound to
enable me to bring the messages into Outlook. Or, can I bypass the
Outlook connection with the two options you suggest?
Thanks,
Annie

Old March 18th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I can connect the Internet via the Sprint card. I don't have a problem
with mailgate. But, apparently, I need something like NewsHound to
enable me to bring the messages into Outlook. Or, can I bypass the
Outlook connection with the two options you suggest?
Thanks,
Annie

Outlook can retrieve the Usenet news directly from either of the two
servers I mentioned without requiring any other software. I'm not sure how
to do so, as I never use Outlook. I suspect someone else who does use it
can tell you how to do so.

I personally much prefer Pan as a newsreader. It's free, and it runs on
most Windows machines.

Dan
Old March 18th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
I can connect the Internet via the Sprint card. I don't have a problem
with mailgate. But, apparently, I need something like NewsHound to
enable me to bring the messages into Outlook. Or, can I bypass the
Outlook connection with the two options you suggest?
Thanks,
Annie

Outlook can retrieve the Usenet news directly from either of the two
servers I mentioned without requiring any other software. I'm not sure how
to do so, as I never use Outlook. I suspect someone else who does use it
can tell you how to do so.

I personally much prefer Pan as a newsreader. It's free, and it runs on
most Windows machines.

Dan

I'm not sure if Outlook can do newsgroups, but Outlook Express can. That's
what I use, with quote fix installed, it's actually pretty good.
--
Britta

Old March 18th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:38:38 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
I can connect the Internet via the Sprint card. I don't have a problem
with mailgate. But, apparently, I need something like NewsHound to
enable me to bring the messages into Outlook. Or, can I bypass the
Outlook connection with the two options you suggest?
Thanks,
Annie

Outlook can retrieve the Usenet news directly from either of the two
servers I mentioned without requiring any other software. I'm not sure how
to do so, as I never use Outlook. I suspect someone else who does use it
can tell you how to do so.

I personally much prefer Pan as a newsreader. It's free, and it runs on
most Windows machines.

Dan

I'm not sure if Outlook can do newsgroups, but Outlook Express can. That's
what I use, with quote fix installed, it's actually pretty good.

Outlook won't do newsgroups, but Outlook Express will do them. It is
unfortunate that Microsoft chose to give the two programs such similar
names, as it leads to a lot of confusion.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old March 19th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
I can connect the Internet via the Sprint card. I don't have a problem
with mailgate. But, apparently, I need something like NewsHound to
enable me to bring the messages into Outlook. Or, can I bypass the
Outlook connection with the two options you suggest?
Thanks,
Annie

Outlook can retrieve the Usenet news directly from either of the two
servers I mentioned without requiring any other software. I'm not sure how
to do so, as I never use Outlook. I suspect someone else who does use it
can tell you how to do so.

I personally much prefer Pan as a newsreader. It's free, and it runs on
most Windows machines.

Dan

Outlook doesn't do newsgroups. Mozilla Thunderbird is what I use. It's
free and I don't even need quotefix.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe